• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gay Pride 2016 wants to ban OC

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I have no link, but I am watching this live on KIRO 7. Gay Pride 2016 wants to ban OC during their festival this year 6/25-26. They complained that SPD did nothing about OC during the 2015 event. OK, we support you, and you want to ban us? If I'm not mistaken, I would call that hypocrisy? I help fight for your rights, but you won't support our rights??????? I'm more confused now. Once again equality only means you are equal if you believe in things that they do (CC only, LGBT, Dem, Rep, etc.) WTF. Rant complete.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have no link, but I am watching this live on KIRO 7. Gay Pride 2016 wants to ban OC during their festival this year 6/25-26. They complained that SPD did nothing about OC during the 2015 event. OK, we support you, and you want to ban us? If I'm not mistaken, I would call that hypocrisy? I help fight for your rights, but you won't support our rights??????? I'm more confused now. Once again equality only means you are equal if you believe in things that they do (CC only, LGBT, Dem, Rep, etc.) WTF. Rant complete.

Not the first time:
http://www.infowars.com/video-gay-open-carry-group-kicked-out-of-gay-pride-rally/

OC for ME

They the question that you must ask yourself...Why support them at all?

solus

counter point to yours grape...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/30/gay-open-carry-advocates-welcomed-at-seattle-pride/
quote: A group of gun-toting gay Libertarians said they were welcomed with open arms Sunday at a Seattle gay pride event. Kevin Finger and five of his friends walked downtown carrying handguns, AR-15s and AK-47s, The Blaze reported. One sign they carried read, “Armed gays don’t get bashed.” unquote

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
^ ^ Shows to go ya, even constants can be inconsistent. ^ ^

Last edited:

Alpine

It is sad and ironic to hear anti-gun LBGTQ community members talk about how closet carry is better and yet if you ask THEM to go back into the "closet" they freak out. Very sad.

solus

It is sad and ironic to hear anti-gun LBGTQ community members talk about how closet carry is better and yet if you ask THEM to go back into the "closet" they freak out. Very sad.

sorry where do you hear that from...got a cite about the use of the term "closet carry"

ipse

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
sorry where do you hear that from...got a cite about the use of the term "closet carry"
Whether he made it up, or found it somewhere, I think it's a perfect phrase for illustrating the hypocrisy of some who are determined to express their "pride".

solus

Whether he made it up, or found it somewhere, I think it's a perfect phrase for illustrating the hypocrisy of some who are determined to express their "pride".

it is considered a derogatory term and i was seeking the cite to determine context of its use to ascertain if it was from a homophobic site or writer.

but apparently my question has been sufficiently answered.

ipse

Alpine

Look up last year's incident with the idiot running PrideFest and his quote regarding OC:
http://seattlegayscene.com/2015/06/...pression-of-freedom-or-a-recipe-for-disaster/

Egan Orion, president of PrideFest issued this statement:

Seattle PrideFest is a big proponent of individual freedoms, but we can’t support an open-carry gun rally on the busiest day in Downtown Seattle and the Seattle Center throughout the entire year, where a collision of people, alcohol, and religious protesters bring excitement and tension to our City streets. With the expected Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage, this will likely be a busier year than most, and will bring out more protesters. Adding an open carry rally to this incendiary mix is irresponsible and detracts from the LGBTQ focus of the day’s events. We are reviewing the matter with Seattle Center and our board of directors, but since we’ve rented the Center for our exclusive use that day (on behalf of the community), know that anybody who open carries at the event will be peacefully asked to leave the festival grounds.

Note he didn't say anything about Closet Carry or firearms being present in general, his entire objection solely targeted at OPEN carry. This hypocrite who talks about supporting "individual freedoms" wants gun owners to keep THEIR freedoms "out of sight."

Last edited:

solus

then alpine, my question is still unanswered...even with your furnished silly cite especially i noticed you left off the most blatant observation
quote: It was noted that Seattle Center doesn’t allow weapons in the park or in park buildings. unquote.

ipse

Last edited:

decklin

then alpine, my question is still unanswered...even with your furnished silly cite especially i noticed you left off the most blatant observation
quote: It was noted that Seattle Center doesn’t allow weapons in the park or in park buildings. unquote.

ipse

That observation is in direct violation of RCW 9.41.290
So it doesn't stand.

solus

That observation is in direct violation of RCW 9.41.290
So it doesn't stand.

complain to the author of the article being cited...however, you might wish to raise your objection to the Seattle Center itself who's Campus Rules specifically state:

quote:
I: Rules of Conduct
4. Weapons

It is Prohibited to:
1. Sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any blackjack, sand-club, metal knuckles, switchblade knife, chako sticks, or throwing stars.
2. Carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife unless used as a tool for work by Seattle Center employees or their authorized agents, or carry concealed on his or her person any weapon. Seattle Center employees are subject to the Seattle Center Employees Firearm Policy.
3. Possess or display a firearm on the campus, unless permitted by applicable law.

hummm...seems this isn't an ordinance nor local law but a rule...hummm your cite doesn't pertain does it?

ipse

decklin

complain to the author of the article being cited...however, you might wish to raise your objection to the Seattle Center itself who's Campus Rules specifically state:

quote:
I: Rules of Conduct
4. Weapons

It is Prohibited to:
1. Sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any blackjack, sand-club, metal knuckles, switchblade knife, chako sticks, or throwing stars.
2. Carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife unless used as a tool for work by Seattle Center employees or their authorized agents, or carry concealed on his or her person any weapon. Seattle Center employees are subject to the Seattle Center Employees Firearm Policy.
3. Possess or display a firearm on the campus, unless permitted by applicable law.

hummm...seems this isn't an ordinance nor local law but a rule...hummm your cite doesn't pertain does it?

ipse
The city doesn't care. They are in violation of a court order to remove all those signs and rules. This is a battle that has been going on for seven years.

solus

The city doesn't care. They are in violation of a court order to remove all those signs and rules. This is a battle that has been going on for seven years.

hummm, some rookie could get brownie points then huh and the poor citizen be left defending themselves in a judicial situation...

shame on you for jumping in spewing cites like it was gospel with brimstone falling when there are known caveats ~ seven years worth you fail to disclose...

ipse

Alpine

The whole thing is a trick.

Note the phrase at the end there:
unless permitted by applicable law.

They are basically saying "guns are banned except when the law says they are not." And the law says guns aren't banned there so...

decklin

hummm, some rookie could get brownie points then huh and the poor citizen be left defending themselves in a judicial situation...

shame on you for jumping in spewing cites like it was gospel with brimstone falling when there are known caveats ~ seven years worth you fail to disclose...

ipse

I don't understand you. You responded to another poster, I pointed out the law. How am I spewing cites?

decklin

The whole thing is a trick.

Note the phrase at the end there:

They are basically saying "guns are banned except when the law says they are not." And the law says guns aren't banned there so...

That's not what is being discussed. The discussion is based around the article posted. Not the sign. The article says illegal to possess on the property.