• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mommies Membership Meeting

Ahareht

Everyone's favorite little liars are having another meeting in Louisville, KY on Sunday April 17 at 4PM. It will be at the Thomas Jeffeson Unitarian Church. The event is up on their Facebook page if you want to RSVP. They say the church has a posted "no weapons" sign, but I'm going to go check it tomorrow. Nothing on the churches website says anything about prohibiting firearms.

Either way, if you carry concealed, they wouldn't know anyways. I plan to go just to see what they're up to the next few months but if anyone else wants to join me, I won't say no.

PS looks like they're planning something on June 2 as well, but no details yet.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
<chuckle>

They chose to hold a meeting in a church named for a strong supporter of gun rights?

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Thomas Jefferson is on record telling someone that keeping arms gives strength to the mind or something. And, advocating that one should make his gun his constant companion on walks.

poetdante

I will join ya. Oh and they have a Lexington meeting at a public library on "safe gun storage" as well in April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
I will join ya. Oh and they have a Lexington meeting at a public library on "safe gun storage" as well in April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be safe, keep a gun nearby always at ready condition ... fully loaded, one in the chamber, and easily accessible (like leaning on a wall)...

On on your hip if possible.

Animalou812

Everyone's favorite little liars are having another meeting in Louisville, KY on Sunday April 14 at 4PM. It will be at the Thomas Jeffeson Unitarian Church. The event is up on their Facebook page if you want to RSVP. They say the church has a posted "no weapons" sign, but I'm going to go check it tomorrow. Nothing on the churches website says anything about prohibiting firearms.

Either way, if you carry concealed, they wouldn't know anyways. I plan to go just to see what they're up to the next few months but if anyone else wants to join me, I won't say no.

The 14th is on a Thursday. Should it be the 17th?

poetdante

To be safe, keep a gun nearby always at ready condition ... fully loaded, one in the chamber, and easily accessible (like leaning on a wall)...

On on your hip if possible.

I'm just wondering what they will say, as it can't be anything new or good. They don't want more affordable gun safes. They DO want your unloaded guns and mags to be kept in one gun safe and the ammo in another gun safe, in another room. At least one of the leaders at the Covington meeting told me as much.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I almost lost my mind.
There was something so unpleasant about those moms.
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough.
I just knew too much.
Does that make me crazy?
No.
Well, I think they're crazy.
I think they're really crazy.
I think they're just crazy for thinking the way they do.
They nag.
Nag, nag, nag, that's all they know how to do.

solus

I almost lost my mind.
There was something so unpleasant about those moms.
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough.
I just knew too much.
Does that make me crazy?
No.
Well, I think they're crazy.
I think they're really crazy.
I think they're just crazy for thinking the way they do.
They nag.
Nag, nag, nag, that's all they know how to do.

being the democratic society we are...can we take a hand vote on your statement regarding your mental capabilities? :cool:

just saying, ya know...

ipse

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Everyone's favorite little liars are having another meeting in Louisville, KY on Sunday April 14 at 4PM. It will be at the Thomas Jeffeson Unitarian Church. The event is up on their Facebook page if you want to RSVP. They say the church has a posted "no weapons" sign, but I'm going to go check it tomorrow. Nothing on the churches website says anything about prohibiting firearms.

One of these days I'm going to get some "Guns Save Lives" stickers from VCDL. In the meanwhile, if anyone else wants to get some, they would be a great "fashion accessory" to wear...

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, after a little bit of further investigation, I have found that the stickers are a little more expensive than I thought. Vistaprint.com is very cheap for business cards and similar items, but the stickers turn out to be about $225/1000. Not cheap at all. Sorry for the misinformation.

Just print them out on std paper and nail the printouts upon them ...

Recommend using this nail:

big_nail.jpg

1245A Defender

Well,,,

One of these days I'm going to get some "Guns Save Lives" stickers from VCDL. In the meanwhile, if anyone else wants to get some, they would be a great "fashion accessory" to wear...

Well, after a little bit of further investigation, I have found that the stickers are a little more expensive than I thought. Vistaprint.com is very cheap for business cards and similar items, but the stickers turn out to be about $225/1000. Not cheap at all. Sorry for the misinformation.

Just go to the on line VCDL store, like I did,,,
A roll of 1000 "Guns Save Lives" stickers is 25$ + 8$ shipping!

btw VCDL owns copyright for the saying...

I give some away every time I go to town...

PerBast

Moms Agianst Guns

Oh let me have my two cents worth.

Cite Reference per policy rules: https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/fatality.pdf

Make irrational statement, this one from a CDC article

According to data from the National Child Abuse and
Neglect Data System (NCANDS), 50 States reported a
total of 1,484 fatalities. Based on these data, a nationally
estimated 1,520 children died from abuse and
neglect in 2013.

In 2013, parents, acting alone or with
another parent, were responsible for 78.9 percent of child
abuse or neglect fatalities. More than one-quarter (27.7
percent) were perpetrated by the mother acting alone,
12.4 percent were perpetrated by the father acting alone,
and 24.6 percent were perpetrated by the mother and
father acting together.

So mothers themselves are a danger to children. Maybe there should be a behavioral health evaluation and background checks to be a mother. :eek:

Michael