Thread: Wife shot me twice last night ! Accident

Banned

Wife shot me twice last night ! Accident

The wife was cleaning near my workbench where I had a gun I was working on (looking into new bump fire technologies) ..and shot me with twice (I guess the bump fire works!).

Luckily, I had the gun loaded with blanks ... but they still stung like heck !

She promptly blamed me of course "I thought your rule was 'Every gun on the workbench must not have live rounds in them.'". I told her that I don't consider blanks to be "live ammo".

And she sucked up a specialty milled part I made w/the vacuum too so I had to go through the vacuum to recover it.

So she almost Brendan Lee'd me....luckily the blanks I make are especially designed to avoid that...seems like they did just that.

So a cautionary tale : don't let the wife near your workbench ! Is the moral to be taken out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The wife was cleaning near my workbench where I had a gun I was working on (looking into new bump fire technologies) ..and shot me with twice (I guess the bump fire works!).

She promptly blamed me of course "I thought your rule was 'Every gun on the workbench must not have live rounds in them.'". I told her that I don't consider blanks to be "live ammo".

And she sucked up a specialty milled part I made w/the vacuum too so I had to go through the vacuum to recover it.

So she almost Brendan Lee'd me....luckily the blanks I make are especially designed to avoid that...seems like they did just that.

So a cautionary tale : don't let the wife near your workbench ! Is the moral to be taken out of this.
    this honestly seems more like carelessness on your part, your wife is right, it shouldn't have been loaded, even with blanks, UNLESS you where going to test fire it. considering it was still in pieces on the bench. it was not ready for a test fire.

and if you don't mind the sting, you should try paintball...

State Researcher
    I think the moral of the story is to keep guns on the workbench unloaded. Snap caps exist for a reason.

Or maybe, you should reconsider the prudence of a "bump fire technology" that so readily permits NDs.

I had the gun loaded with blanks ...

So she almost Brendan Lee'd me...

I told her that I don't consider blanks to be "live ammo".

Either your custom "blanks" are safe (including eye-safe) or they are not. If they are not, don't load them until the gun is where you intend to fire it.

And I don't suppose you have video of this entire idiotic encounter do you? By chance did you official trespass your wife from your workbench to avoid this problem in the future?

Charles
    Either your custom-made
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Or, he's making an April Fools joke in questionable taste.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    Or, he's making an April Fools joke in questionable taste.
    With his track record?

No, no. Please say it isn't so.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

DM married?...gotta be a April 1 thing.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    With his track record?

I was being all diplomatic about it.

Banned

Before all the get well flowers start pouring in !

Before all the get well flowers start pouring in !
    I totally forgot april 1st is april fools.. I never play the game of such, as a result, I forget.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    There are some people who do not limit their participation to just one day a year. Jus' sayin'.

Not pointing any digits at any specific person.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    With his track record?

Not a gambler, but I would put money on it. For him every day is April Fools Day.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

David, I think you were abducted by aliens. That woman was not your wife.

Check yourself for implants.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Not a gambler, but I would put money on it. For him every day is April Fools Day.
    Bingo... And just think - 11 months out of the year, it's not even April!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.