• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife shot me twice last night ! Accident

davidmcbeth

Banned
The wife was cleaning near my workbench where I had a gun I was working on (looking into new bump fire technologies) ..and shot me with twice (I guess the bump fire works!).

Luckily, I had the gun loaded with blanks ... but they still stung like heck !

She promptly blamed me of course "I thought your rule was 'Every gun on the workbench must not have live rounds in them.'". I told her that I don't consider blanks to be "live ammo".

And she sucked up a specialty milled part I made w/the vacuum too so I had to go through the vacuum to recover it.

So she almost Brendan Lee'd me....luckily the blanks I make are especially designed to avoid that...seems like they did just that.

So a cautionary tale : don't let the wife near your workbench ! Is the moral to be taken out of this.

Ezek

The wife was cleaning near my workbench where I had a gun I was working on (looking into new bump fire technologies) ..and shot me with twice (I guess the bump fire works!).

She promptly blamed me of course "I thought your rule was 'Every gun on the workbench must not have live rounds in them.'". I told her that I don't consider blanks to be "live ammo".

And she sucked up a specialty milled part I made w/the vacuum too so I had to go through the vacuum to recover it.

So she almost Brendan Lee'd me....luckily the blanks I make are especially designed to avoid that...seems like they did just that.

So a cautionary tale : don't let the wife near your workbench ! Is the moral to be taken out of this.

this honestly seems more like carelessness on your part, your wife is right, it shouldn't have been loaded, even with blanks, UNLESS you where going to test fire it. considering it was still in pieces on the bench. it was not ready for a test fire.

and if you don't mind the sting, you should try paintball...

utbagpiper

Banned

I think the moral of the story is to keep guns on the workbench unloaded. Snap caps exist for a reason.

Or maybe, you should reconsider the prudence of a "bump fire technology" that so readily permits NDs.

I had the gun loaded with blanks ...

So she almost Brendan Lee'd me...

I told her that I don't consider blanks to be "live ammo".

Either your custom "blanks" are safe (including eye-safe) or they are not. If they are not, don't load them until the gun is where you intend to fire it.

And I don't suppose you have video of this entire idiotic encounter do you? By chance did you official trespass your wife from your workbench to avoid this problem in the future?

Charles
Either your custom-made

OC for ME

DM married?...gotta be a April 1 thing.

davidmcbeth

Banned
april_fools_day.png

Before all the get well flowers start pouring in !

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There are some people who do not limit their participation to just one day a year. Jus' sayin'.

Not pointing any digits at any specific person.