• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gawker “Guns Won’t Protect You, Old People, You’re Too Old And Weak“.

solus

i find it more amusing Jenn Jacques from the Bearing Arms article 'editorialized' Nolan's original GAWKER article ( http://gawker.com/guns-wont-protect-you-old-people-youre-too-old-and-we-1767744515) leaving out a WSJ references to their fascinating WSJ article stating More Seniors, Fearing Crime, Flock to Shooting Ranges (http://www.wsj.com/articles/more-seniors-take-aim-at-shooting-ranges-1459243804)
the apparently unbiased WSJ article sub heading: Gun dealers say personal safety is a priority for older people who want firearms training, quote: The National Rifle Association says 22,739 people over 65 took basic firearm training courses from NRA-certified instructors in 2015, four times the number five years earlier. unquote.

finally the comments following the Nolan's Gawker article are absolutely humorous and makes those following their postings seem mild.

not sure whom is more to blame...nolan or jacques for their biased reporting antics

ipse

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
From the articles comments:
TaraIncognita
Hamilton Nolan
3/29/16 1:09pm

I have to reply. My neighbor, here in Texas, offers free CHL classes. He’s far past an ideal weight, moves slowly, and owns multiple weapons. I cannot for the life of me fathom how he thinks he’d be able to quickly take down an intruder (if you’re older and disagree, please explain why.)

Same with my mom and stepdad. They are not overweight but their reflexes simple are not what they once were (they’re in their sixties and early seventies.)

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
Do you feel lucky punk, well do ya?????

davidmcbeth

Banned
Old people. Wrong. Want to find safety? Can you even “find [the] safety”

ROFL ... guns I build don't have safeties anyways ... so I guess I'm good to go !