Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: NC-based The Fresh Market - GFZ

  1. #1
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597

    NC-based The Fresh Market - GFZ

    I guess they don't like lead-based shopping?

    http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...s-guns-stores/

    Bloomberg at work in progressive NC.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    888
    That's okay. Fresh Market is in the corporate sights of relatively gun-friendly Kroger's these days. Kroger's will either drive FM under, or buy them out if that's more fiscally viable.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Fresh Market now joins Chiptole, Jack in the Box, Sonic, and Chili’s on the list of businesses that changed their gun policy due to pressure from Moms Demand.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Fresh Market now joins Chiptole, Jack in the Box, Sonic, and Chili’s on the list of businesses that changed their gun policy due to pressure LIES from Moms Demand.
    Fixed it for you.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-02-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: rule #19

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    Is Kroger Co. targeting The Fresh Market for expansion? The Cincinnati-based company, which is the largest supermarket chain in America, is set to report its fourth quarter earnings on Thursday, but of all the corporate priorities discussed, investors are sure to devour any insights the company serves up about a potential acquisition of The Fresh Market, a specialty grocer based in Greensboro, N.C.
    http://nreionline.com/retail/fresh-m...oger-wants-buy

    So what are the Mad mommies going to do when Kroger buys Fresh Market???????

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    http://nreionline.com/retail/fresh-m...oger-wants-buy

    So what are the Mad mommies going to do when Kroger buys Fresh Market???????
    If that happens, the Mad Mommies will look like clowns: lying, crying, and throwing temper tantrums, kicking their feet on the floor.

    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4vlvkfJQa1qj3ir1.gif
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    I did not put the quote notes up. Sorry that was for the article.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  8. #8
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Followup from Breitbart w their take on Sbux, Target, etc.

    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...demand-action/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  9. #9
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    duly noted and bookmarked...thanks HP

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    More Breitbart on companies that agree w Mommies and don't want 2A but have no security...

    Jack-in-Box, Panera, Chili's and OKC-based Sonic.

    http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...demand-action/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    According to a post I saw on Facebook, a person who communicated with Fresh Market received a reply that FM was not actually banning guns, but like Chipotle and Target, was "respectfully asking" that customers refrain from carrying firearms in their stores, and also saying that they followed state, federal and local laws (big shocker there, eh?).

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    According to a post I saw on Facebook, a person who communicated with Fresh Market received a reply that FM was not actually banning guns, but like Chipotle and Target, was "respectfully asking" that customers refrain from carrying firearms in their stores, and also saying that they followed state, federal and local laws (big shocker there, eh?).
    I have never had the first problem OCing in Chipotle, Target, or Starbucks in Virginia.

    I was semi swatted in Kroger's by a customer, but local management backed me up and the nice LEOs left w/o me in tow. A story for another time and place, but a digital recorder and store video cams were available had they been needed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I have never had the first problem OCing in Chipotle, Target, or Starbucks in Virginia.

    I was semi swatted in Kroger's by a customer, but local management backed me up and the nice LEOs left w/o me in tow. A story for another time and place, but a digital recorder and store video cams were available had they been needed.
    Odd about Kroger's....what did the caller tell the cops? That you were using your gun to check on the ripeness of melons?

    What is semi-swatted? A half-effort of "hey man, what's up?" or similar.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    More Breitbart on companies that agree w Mommies and don't want 2A but have no security...

    Jack-in-Box, Panera, Chili's and OKC-based Sonic.

    http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...demand-action/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Funny thing about Panera, since the announcement, we've had at least one Michigan Open Carry event in a Panera franchise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •