• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police comment on constitutional carry

utbagpiper

Banned
mate, i guess you should have delineated your terminology on training in the first place, huh??

What is this, pops? Have you violated your own rules by materially editing a post to conceal its original content without offering any explanation or making sure the original content is still readily available?

Shame and hypocrisy, hypocrisy and shame on you after all the times you've sanctimoniously chastised others for such conduct.

Getting dotty perhaps?

solus

pops, I did. Only trolls and illiterate morons could have missed it. Maybe there is a third option I missed that would apply to you and be less offensive. I just can't think of what it might be.

Spend more time reading for understanding, and less time looking to take offense or prove me wrong. Get over your personality issues pops and you'll look foolish less often.

humm...

now as you have said, quote: ...would ever think I was likely to advocate in favor of mandatory training. unquote, yet in the following posts your own words continually state:

1) your quote from post 7: It IS a bad idea for people to carry weapons without having received appropriate training. We all believe that training and safety are crucial.
2) your quote from post 9: If there is any member of this forum who actually thinks training is a bad idea....
3) your quote from post 19: Society has as much interest in making sure its members are properly trained in firearms....

your words mate...do you notice the missing term of voluntary you just posted that you professed to have used throughout this thread.

wow mate, your antagonism towards others as well as your exhibited grandiosity is off the charts as evidenced by your postings to everyone across the forum this evening.

sooner rather than later...

ipse

added...really sooner...after you last post...

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
your antagonism

pops if you are going to dish it out you better be prepared to receive it back. I'm weary of your sanctimonious and grossly hypocritical rambling assaults on others' perfectly innocent and reasonable conduct.

do you notice the missing term of voluntary you just posted that you professed to have used throughout this thread.

Again pops, only a troll trying to bear false witness or an illiterate moron would have any trouble understanding what I wrote in my opening post on this thread. But you were not reading to understand, but only looking for offense or to bear false witness.

Yet again here is what I wrote.

utbagpiper post 7 said:
Actually, taken completely at face value, the director's words are very sage. It IS a bad idea for people to carry weapons without having received appropriate training. We all believe that training and safety are crucial.

Where I suspect Mr. Winter [n]parts company with this group[/b] is whether such training should be mandatory or otherwise a prerequisite to legally exercising one's rights to KBA. It is the implicit, contextual claim that government should mandate such training, that rights should suffer prior restraint, that causes our disagreement. I trust we are all very supportive of being well trained in safe handling, proper use, marksmanship, and even the legal aspects of carrying and using a gun. We just don't think good ideas should be mandated prior to being able to exercise rights.[/u]

(emphasis added for the illiterate, dotty, and otherwise pathetic)

As I've written to you before, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

You've either got a serious problem with reading comprehension, or you're far too focused looking for any possible disagreement or area where I might be wrong, or you are flat out looking to bear false witness. I'm open to other options.

Those who don't read my posts for being too verbose, don't find nit-picky disagreements. You read my entire post #7 and took self-righteous umbrage at my use of verbiage asserting what this group collectively believes. Problem is, you were so fixated on that you didn't bother to notice whether my assertion was actually reasonably accurate or not. And having dug yourself in with multiple posts trying to assail me, you are left to either keep digging by claiming I failed to use one magic word or another, or to just admit a mea culpa which your false pride won't permit; not to me anyway.

Advice, put me on your ignore list. Stop reading my posts. Your responses make you look silly at best.

Good night little troll, pops.

Charles

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

Enough!

Do you two mind? :cuss: I refuse to call either of you gentlemen, after this seemingly endless display of immaturity! Maybe you should get a room... Or better yet, how about you get a thread of your own, where you can bicker all day long without subjecting the rest of us to your nonsense?

If you have nothing more to say on the thread topic, can we please move on?

solus

Do you two mind? :cuss: I refuse to call either of you gentlemen, after this seemingly endless display of immaturity! Maybe you should get a room... Or better yet, how about you get a thread of your own, where you can bicker all day long without subjecting the rest of us to your nonsense?

If you have nothing more to say on the thread topic, can we please move on?

certainly, there is a myriad of discussion points, but i must point out it is a nice way to start by insulting an individual who has been asking the same questions from the beginning of the thread, to be further insulted.

so have gun, since this is your first foray to this thread...please pass your thoughts on this society's citizenry needing training to either CC or OC...

voluntary or mandatory?
training subject matter?
w/ or w/o live fire?
how many rounds & what counts as qualified, small grouping or just hitting the target at oh, say 7 yards?
one caliber suffices or the citizen must qualify on multiple calibers?
who is responsible for course development?
implementation?
record keeping?
training good for - life time or do the good citizens need refresher?
age limitations?

ipse

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

certainly, there is a myriad of discussion points, but i must point out it is a nice way to start by insulting an individual who has been asking the same questions from the beginning of the thread, to be further insulted.

so have gun, since this is your first foray to this thread...please pass your thoughts on this society's citizenry needing training to either CC or OC...

voluntary or mandatory?
training subject matter?
w/ or w/o live fire?
how many rounds & what counts as qualified, small grouping or just hitting the target at oh, say 7 yards?
one caliber suffices or the citizen must qualify on multiple calibers?
who is responsible for course development?
implementation?
record keeping?
training good for - life time or do the good citizens need refresher?
age limitations?

ipse

Since my post never addressed any of your questions, I feel no responsibility to answer them now. What, are you trying to draw me into your argument with UT? Not gonna happen. As for feeling insulted, act like a gentleman and you'll be treated as one.

Nothing you two have posted recently has anything to do with the thread topic, it's all argumentative. All I'm asking is for the bickering to stop. That's it.

solus

Ken Winter, the executive director of the Mississippi Association of Chiefs of Police, made the following statement concerning the new bill allowing constitutional carry.

"We just don't believe that it's a good idea for people to be carrying concealed weapons and not have participated in any training."

This director is either an idiot or a liar as the current laws do not require any training for concealed carry. He either does now the law making him an idiot, or he knows it and lies about it to scare the public.

Source: http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Upda...ch-Mississippi-approves-Church-Protection-Act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since my post never addressed any of your questions, I feel no responsibility to answer them now. What, are you trying to draw me into your argument with UT? Not gonna happen. As for feeling insulted, act like a gentleman and you'll be treated as one.

Nothing you two have posted recently has anything to do with the thread topic, it's all argumentative. All I'm asking is for the bickering to stop. That's it.

seems the ops initial post had to do w/training, your previous post stated you wished to move on...i returned to the topic at hand with a list to discern your views on the topics mate and i were discussing...

so you just popped in the thread to insult me and then do not wish to contribute to the training topic....hummm....and you say i need to act like an adult... i see...

ipse

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

seems the ops initial post had to do w/training, your previous post stated you wished to move on...i returned to the topic at hand with a list to discern your views on the topics mate and i were discussing...

so you just popped in the thread to insult me and then do not wish to contribute to the training topic....hummm....and you say i need to act like an adult... i see...

ipse

Well, that was only an insult if the shoe fits... and you're wearing it nicely. I ask for the bickering to stop, and you attempt to continue it - with me. Seems like all you want to do is argue; apparently it doesn't matter with whom.

Whatever... I give up. You win! Go argue with someone else, I don't play that game.

OC for ME

Clearly, everyone benefits from proper training.

Why do you ask?

Perhaps you'd care to have a full, frank discussion, rather than continuing to ask what might be seen as potentially loaded questions.

Charles
Who decides what is proper?

"We just don't believe that it's a good idea for people to be carrying concealed weapons and not have participated in any training."
Given the statement from Mr. Winter, "any" is definitely a different term than "proper."

Proper training relieves a man of the liability of being ignorant and/or incompetent.
What standard(s) do you recommend a citizen meet voluntarily? Is not reading the owner's manual training enough? After reading the owner's manual is not the citizen no longer ignorant?

Who decides what is competent, or, what is incompetent?

rightwinglibertarian

So let me get this straight. There are thousands of so-called laws, thousands more people who would commit crimes against us for exercising our rights, traitors in the judicial system and y'all wanna bicker and squabble like children. It's no wonder liberals want to regulate gun ownership if this is typical behavior. How about defending the country and our freedom. Be a lot more beneficial. Cuz right now, the number of people who actually believe in the 2A are precious few

utbagpiper

Banned
Who decides what is proper?

Given the statement from Mr. Winter, "any" is definitely a different term than "proper."

What standard(s) do you recommend a citizen meet voluntarily? Is not reading the owner's manual training enough? After reading the owner's manual is not the citizen no longer ignorant?

Who decides what is competent, or, what is incompetent?

I would hope that my posts have been quite clear that I've been talking about VOLUNTARY training that benefits the individual gun owner by helping him to avoid mistakes that might lead to unwanted and avoidable negative consequences. Nothing more, nothing less.

Our fellow forum members have made clear they are quite tired of the arguments that ensue when some either refuse to understand, or try to play games to catch another.

I agree and should have dropped this matter many posts ago. My apologies to the forum for not doing so.

But I do so now.

Charles

OC for ME

I would hope that my posts have been quite clear that I've been talking about VOLUNTARY training that benefits the individual gun owner by helping him to avoid mistakes that might lead to unwanted and avoidable negative consequences. Nothing more, nothing less.

Our fellow forum members have made clear they are quite tired of the arguments that ensue when some either refuse to understand, or try to play games to catch another.

I agree and should have dropped this matter many posts ago. My apologies to the forum for not doing so.

But I do so now.

Charles
I asked what your definition of proper is, you avoided the question. Mr. Winter used "any" you use proper. I pointed this difference out. I provided a starting point, for the sake of a adult and rational discussion, the owner's manual reference, you avoid that as well.

solus

I asked what your definition of proper is, you avoided the question. Mr. Winter used "any" you use proper. I pointed this difference out. I provided a starting point, for the sake of a adult and rational discussion, the owner's manual reference, you avoid that as well.

unfortunately as the mate did when i as for specificity to facilitate the discussion...

ipse