Thread: Thwarted armed robbery at Fayetteville Waffle House

Thwarted armed robbery at Fayetteville Waffle House

Gun free zone?, only applies to good guys.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — The Latest on the attempted robbery of the Waffle House in Fayetteville, North Carolina

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/new...3d77e0c41.html
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-04-2016 at 06:40 PM. Reason: rule #11 - fair use quote

Banned
    Americans looove their breakfast ...

Banned
    This would not have yielded such a high risk of patron and staff injury or death, if waffle house allowed arms on their property. Personally, it is better to have range and be safe than get close to an armed madman bare handed. Most punks and criminals cannot shoot that well, so a good amount of distance is best. Once you approach them or close the distance, the risk of getting shot and thus, seriously injured or killed greatly increases. criminals and punks, on average, are only accurate to ten meters or closer.

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT88 View Post
    This would not have yielded such a high risk of patron and staff injury or death, if waffle house allowed arms on their property. Personally, it is better to have range and be safe than get close to an armed madman bare handed. Most punks and criminals cannot shoot that well, so a good amount of distance is best. Once you approach them or close the distance, the risk of getting shot and thus, seriously injured or killed greatly increases. criminals and punks, on average, are only accurate to ten meters or closer.
    I Googled 'accuracy of criminals and punks' but could not find any data to support your claim. But I will go along. If criminals and punks are accurate to roughly 30 feet, that's pretty good if they are using a handgun, or BB gun. If criminals and punks are using rifles, then, meh.

Thanks for sharing this insight into criminals and punks. Now I know to stay, on average, ten meters away from criminals and punks.
    Last edited by FBrinson; 04-05-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FBrinson View Post
    I Googled 'accuracy of criminals and punks' but could not find any data to support your claim.

Thanks for sharing this insight into criminals and punks. Now I know to stay, on average, ten meters away from criminals and punks.
    The Criminal & Punk shooting range accuracy school is by invitation only, as are its statistics...
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

The story line should read "If you are going to take on a robber with an AK, pray he isn't willing to shoot you when you stand up to him". That should work most of the time...until it doesn't...

a greater question is what would the WH patrons done with the subject if he hadn't gotten away?

or, what would the patrons done if during the struggle over the firearm it discharged hitting and inflicting serious bodily injury or death on an employee or other patron?

sorry ~ stupid move for close quarter drills by civilians...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Thrasher-Bruner says Waffle House officials are working with authorities to apprehend the suspect. She says no one at the Fayetteville restaurant is available for comment.
    The police deputized the WH officials to join a posse to hunt this BG down?? Don't shoot until you see the white of his eyes.....or Scattered, Smothered, and Covered......