Thread: Teacher accused of carrying gun in school

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Teacher accused of carrying gun in school

"A teacher at a middle school in Newtown was arrested on Wednesday morning after allegedly carrying a gun in school.

He has a valid pistol permit, however he was arrested for violating the school policy that forbids possession of a firearm on school property. He was charged with possession of a weapon on school grounds. He is expected to appear in court on April 20."
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/31658479/...-gun-in-school

The antis are going to have a field day with this.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    "A teacher at a middle school in Newtown was arrested on Wednesday morning after allegedly carrying a gun in school.

He has a valid pistol permit, however he was arrested for violating the school policy that forbids possession of a firearm on school property. He was charged with possession of a weapon on school grounds. He is expected to appear in court on April 20."
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/31658479/...-gun-in-school

The antis are going to have a field day with this.
    Actually we should have a field day with this stupidity. The government, school system, police failed to protect 26 people. Yet a good guy with a gun gets arrested for being prepared to defend his students.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Actually we should have a field day with this stupidity. The government, school system, police failed to protect 26 people. Yet a good guy with a gun gets arrested for being prepared to defend his students.
    He may well be a good guy with a gun, but that hasn't been established yet. No motive has been mentioned.

Information of substance is scarce on this so far.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    You mean he was assaulted and kidnapped for exercising his constitutional right. I doubt the judge is American enough to aquit him and will violate his/her oath to uphold the Constitution.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Adams was released on a promise to appear April 20 in state Superior Court in Danbury.

http://www.newstimes.com/policerepor...ol-7232206.php
    Hmm...

Not the blood thirsty fiend we are seemingly being led to believe he is.

A teacher in Newtown, Connecticut, the site of 2012s Sandy Hook shooting, is facing up to five years in prison after being arrested for carrying a gun on school grounds.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/06/ne...ars-in-prison/
    Hmm...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Hmm...

Not the blood thirsty fiend we are seemingly being led to believe he is.

Hmm...
    i was more impressed the article had to raise the specter of a previous event to remind JQPublic why guns are bad...never mind the perp in the referenced event was a young man who was mentally disturbed...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

If that same individual had BEEN at Sandy Hook school similarly outfitted, how many parents would still have their children?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    If that same individual had BEEN at Sandy Hook school similarly outfitted, how many parents would still have their children?
    It is not about safety, but control. They are willing to sacrifice the lives of the innocent for power, and control over the unwashed masses.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    It is not about safety, but control. They are willing to sacrifice the lives of the innocent for power, and control over the unwashed masses.
    +1

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    How does a person get arrested for violating a policy. I always assumed that you'd have to violate a law to get arrested.
    the policy is based on what most would consider law. No American would actually recognise it as such. And you can be assaulted and kidnapped for what you are told is law, not what is actually law.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

It appears that "officials" would prefer this man to not be armed so that he can cower over his students and use his body to absorb the rounds. I guess they think that is superior to shooting back?

Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    It appears that "officials" would prefer this man to not be armed so that he can cower over his students and use his body to absorb the rounds. I guess they think that is superior to shooting back?
    They think dying students, and teaches further their anti gun agenda. Last thing they want is a armed hero.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump