Thread: Officer shoots hatchet-wielding woman in Lake Hallie, Wisconsin Wal-Mart

Officer shoots hatchet-wielding woman in Lake Hallie, Wisconsin Wal-Mart

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Kowalczyk said she was a resident of the Northern Wisconsin Center for the Developmentally Disabled in Chippewa Falls

I wonder what her level of competency was.

When the video footage is released it well be interesting to see her mood and actions.

Having a developmentally disabled sister it has me wondering.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I reserve judgement until any video becomes public. It sounds like a tragic justified shoot on the surface, but I will not rubber stamp until the public has been allowed to see the evidence.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Did that Walmart sell 'guns' too? I guess the 'chaperones' were down in Electronics playing video-games...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I understand that developmentally disabled people can become violent and are usually medicated. I am not sure if she was able to comprehend the officer's commands. He should have tazed her first. Can't fault anyone for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Kowalczyk said she was a resident of the Northern Wisconsin Center for the Developmentally Disabled in Chippewa Falls

I wonder what her level of competency was.

When the video footage is released it well be interesting to see her mood and actions.

Having a developmentally disabled sister it has me wondering.
    I pastor in a nursing home and those who have dementia etc... are usually medicated to prevent disruptive behaviors that may be beyond their control. I know that Alzheimer and dementia can make people do weird things.
    There were chaperones? What happened to them? Didn't they take the situation in control. It could be that this person may have been watching a crime program on tv and decided to imitate the character in the program. I am just guessing...

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Did that Walmart sell 'guns' too? I guess the 'chaperones' were down in Electronics playing video-games...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walmart sells rakes in the garden dept, a tool which I have used to disarm a person with a knife. But current LEO's are not trained to use tools on hand that are available, they are trained to shoot. I would like to see the video to go much further, it depends on whether they had time, or ability to use means at their hands. A couple of deputies and myself also used a mattress to disarm a knife wielding man in a hospital. A gun is not the only option for LE.

More training needs to be done for dealing with the mentally ill, a death sentence should not be the standard reaction unless that is the only solution.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-12-2016 at 03:14 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    [ ... ] More training needs to be done for dealing with the mentally ill, a death sentence should not be the standard reaction unless that is the only solution.
    Imagine the problem to which the only solution is a standard death sentence.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.