Thread: re the Seattle public library

Banned

re the Seattle public library

so, the SPL changed its policy or rule a few years ago and now some people can either OC or cc. When and why and how did the change take place, if I may ask?

was there are direct lawsuit against them, or just a threat or ?

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Goodness how long has WA had preemption? We've got to get out there and educate. Shall not be infringed means just that. If people can't accept that, too bad. That's what the law says.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Pete Holmes: "This is, I think, an unnecessary invasion into municipal right of self-determination.”

What does that even mean?
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamfish View Post
    Pete Holmes: "This is, I think, an unnecessary invasion into municipal right of self-determination.”

It means the hippies are mad they can't ignore higher law and just make up whatever law they want and then impose it on everybody else.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Apparently the municipalities' ability to operate by their own rules and policies. You know, stuff like banning guns and knives; prohibiting drunks, blacks, transgender, gays from the library. Things like that.

Welcome to their fiefdom.

It means that they either don't consider themselves part of Washington state -- or they consider that the smaller a political subdivision is, the more legitimate it is for being in touch with what people immediately want.

Of course, just try getting a neighborhood council together to enact 'very local' ordinances that violate the Seattle Municipal Code, and you'll find out which they really believe.