Thread: A late lesson about the birds and the bees, for the Trumpkins, credulous, confused

A late lesson about the birds and the bees, for the Trumpkins, credulous, confused

By Wesley Pruden, editor in chief, emeritus, The Washington Times.

"A month ago, an inquisitor from MSNBC-TV suggested to Curly Haugland, a member of the Republican National Committee, that if the leading vote-getter in the presidential race were denied the nomination just short of the 1,237 delegates needed to win, there would be “deep anger” in Cleveland in July. Mr. Haugland gave the inquisitor a benign smile, and set out those elusive and delicate facts of life.

“The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nominee,” he said. “That’s the conflict here. “Political parties choose their nominees. Not the voters.”

This puzzles and disappoints voters who believe what they see and hear on the television screen, and some of them even believe what they read, which is usually more reliable, but not infallible. Good guys sometimes win, but that’s not always the way to bet."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-politics-in-/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Lincoln is not a good example of a person that plays by the rules.

My question is when are we going to have a two party system?

Lincoln-16 may be the founder of the repugnant Republican Party, but not a rule follower. There is no requirement of a two party political system, 'crept maybe them and us.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Lincoln-16 may be the founder of the repugnant Republican Party, but not a rule follower. There is no requirement of a two party political system, 'crept maybe them and us.
    Republicrats versus the people.

The point is we as the people have not had a true two or more party system in years.

The people are learning that their vote really doesn't count. They always thought it, but now they are seeing it before their eyes.