Thread: How to legally own another person. From Nassim Taleb's Evonomics,

How to legally own another person. From Nassim Taleb's Evonomics,

Last edited by Nightmare; 04-12-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    In short, every organization wants a certain number of people associated with it to be deprived of a certain share of their freedom. How do you own these people? First, by conditioning and psychological manipulation; second by tweaking them to have some skin in the game, forcing them to have something significant to lose if they were to disobey authority –something hard to do with gyrovague beggars who flaunted scorn of material possessions. In the orders of the mafia, things are simple: made men (that is, ordained) can be wacked if the capo suspects lack of allegiance, with a transitory stay in the trunk of a car –and a guaranteed presence of the boss at their funerals. For others professions, skin in the game come in more subtle form.
    It comes down to you and who's army.....

interesting read...tho quite lengthy...

thanks

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    interesting read...tho quite lengthy...thanks ipse
    Nothing short is meaningful anymore, all the good short stuff's been written, read and forgotten.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.