Thread: Open carry in Chesapeake VA questions...

Open carry in Chesapeake VA questions...

When I look up information on carrying most of what I find is info for carrying concealed. I want to open carry but I have a couple questions.

Can I carry loaded or does it have to be unloaded?

Can I carry openly without any kind of permit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Head on down to the VA subforum. Many there are experts in their respective opinions.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Seymour View Post
    When I look up information on carrying most of what I find is info for carrying concealed. I want to open carry but I have a couple questions.

Yes....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

well, welcome to the open carry forum...

i know the kind (used sparingly btw) folk from VA will be along momentarily to enrich you with their knowledge.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Seymour View Post

As long as you are 18 and not a prohibited person you can carry with one in the pipe and you do not need a permit. Visit the Virginia sub-forum to get all of the details for carry in Virginia. There are a few gotchas such as the prohibition in all of an airport carrier building (even outside of the secure area).
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Head on down to the VA subforum. Many there are experts in their respective opinions.
    I see what you did. Tsk tsk tsk.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I see what you did. Tsk tsk tsk.
    Poor turn of a phrase...perhaps?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare