• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-Owning Texas Dad Says Surveillance Video Proves He Was Unlawfully Arrested by Off

Law abider

Guy cuffed by off duty officer because his gun fell out. However the cop did not know that and thus cuffed him.

Julian Carmona said he was pulling into the parking lot of an Exxon gas station in Houston April 1 when, as he was getting out of his truck, an object fell from his vehicle to the ground. But after Carmona reaches down to pick up the firearm, the man driving the other truck, an off-duty police officer, gets out and points his gun at Carmona and demands that he lie on the ground, which Carmona did. He was then handcuffed.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...s-he-was-unlawfully-arrested-by-off-duty-cop/

WalkingWolf

Without a doubt the officer is lying. He should be fired promptly, charged with filing a false report, and unlawful arrest. Then his cases needs to be looked at very closely, this is probably not the first time he has lied.

Plus the fact that the officer is in the wrong as he was backing out, and his responsibility to yield, this is a road rage incident with an off duty LEO at fault.

Law abider

Without a doubt the officer is lying. He should be fired promptly, charged with filing a false report, and unlawful arrest. Then his cases needs to be looked at very closely, this is probably not the first time he has lied.

Plus the fact that the officer is in the wrong as he was backing out, and his responsibility to yield, this is a road rage incident with an off duty LEO at fault.

Whatever you do Wolf, don't drop your gun when exiting your vehicle. It might look like you are brandishing it. :) One time i lost my rapid re loader with bullets in it. Told the Prescott LEO. He said if he found it he will give it to me. No arrests etc... This Texas incident is ridiculous!

solus

not sure about local LE policy of being 'on duty' 24/7 per se...

i am hoping the gentleman who was put on the ground is thankful, if it goes well, his children's college is paid for...

ipse

Law abider

not sure about local LE policy of being 'on duty' 24/7 per se...

i am hoping the gentleman who was put on the ground is thankful, if it goes well, his children's college is paid for...

ipse

They are police in or out of uniform. All they have to do is to carry their badge on them.

OC for ME

Anyone can yell "POLICE!...HANDS UP, GET ON THE GROUND, HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK, DON'T MOVE YOU...EM-EFFER!"

Anyone can flash a badge...how many folks are gunna know a real cop badge from a CCW badge? Or...a Paul Blart Mall Cop badge.

http://www.guns.com/2016/04/11/fath...ims-he-never-pointed-gun-at-off-duty-officer/

Interesting little tidbit regarding adult beverages and a cop uniform...this story warrants further scrutiny.

Houston Police Officer William Wright needs to be charged with all sorts of felony charges, pile-em on and pile-em high...then fired...then sued...then subjected to public humiliation via a bag of feathers, some tar, and a rail.

Then we should focus our ire on the entire HPD for covering for this nitwit Houston Police Officer William Wright. Dissolve the cop union in Houston...heck dissolve all cop unions everywhere.

And folks be like..."But it's just one bad apple...blah blah blah...it's not all cops."

And folks be like..."Folks need to be patient and wait until the cops conclude investigating a cop."

And folks be like..."We need to determine all of the fact...in-spite of what you just saw with your very own eyes, because video never tells the whole story (especially when it is a cop caught doing wrong on video).

Of course not all cops do what this Houston Police Officer William Wright did, but all cops sure aren't working to get rid of Houston Police Officer William Wright either...until the public sentiment and bad PR gets to hot for the higher-ups.

Hey, maybe, just maybe, this is the very first time that Houston Police Officer William Wright ever lied in his entire cop career, it just sucks Houston Police Officer William Wright got caught this one and only time...yeah, that's the ticket.

solus

They are police in or out of uniform. All they have to do is to carry their badge on them.

actually, they are not as some have dept policies against it...course being caught in uniform buying beer in the store, which by the way is against HPD policy, is a big sign this nice LE is concerned about his dept policies.

ipse

uh, OC can i get up off the ground now

Last edited: