Thread: A University of South Alabama student was cited for wearing an empty holster

A University of South Alabama student was cited for wearing an empty holster

Aah our college campuses are filled with retards! Excuse me I must tone myself down. Mindless buffoons. How is wearing an empty holster causing alarm?? Students and faculty have to be trained to panic and foam at the mouth even if they see a shadow of a holster on the wall. I wear an empty holster when I enter a police station or a sheriff's office and they don't freak out. I bet our millinials are trained to react to anything that likes like a gun, even a twig that falls of a tree that looks like a 1911!

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7490
    Last edited by Law abider; 04-14-2016 at 05:16 PM.

seems the campus police need some chill pills and realize they aren't talking to hs students who are easily threatened.

be interesting to see what transpires with the university hierarchy and their tight sphincters.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    seems the campus police need some chill pills and realize they aren't talking to hs students who are easily threatened.

be interesting to see what transpires with the university hierarchy and their tight sphincters.

ipse
    yeah. Can't wait to see what happens. An empty holster and he gets cited? All this involves money

Empty holster on campus

Oh, seriously. How is a empty holster considered a threat. That would also mean that if you have a gun rack in your 4 X 4 you have a gun somewhere. I have a holster on all the time, just because it is a pain in my ass to remove it every time I go into work or a place that does not allow me to protect myself.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Aah our college campuses are filled with retards! Excuse me I must tone myself down. Mindless buffoons. How is wearing an empty holster causing alarm?? [...snip]
    Remember, nowadays a chalk message on the college sidewalk causes alarm requiring a safe space to retreat to and mental health counselors brought in to talk them down from their panic attack.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

This story is not about the empty holster, it is about nitwit cops who cited a citizen for violating not a law, but violating a school rule in a student handbook that does not apply to the empty holster. Is there a monetary fine associated with the citation?

This story is about nitwit cops demanding compliance and politeness.
    “What you’re doing is not against the rules or the law,” he explains, “but when we get a call thinking somebody might have a gun, you have to be polite and cooperative, ...
    File a formal complaint with real cops. Though, it is unlikely city cops will have any desire to trample the toes of campus cops...know what I mean?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

If you see something say someting !!! STOP IT !!!

It is infuriating to watch the video, yet I have a question regarding the questioning of the students?

How is the students place of employment germane to the line of questioning?

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    It is infuriating to watch the video, yet I have a question regarding the questioning of the students?

How is the students place of employment germane to the line of questioning?

~Whitney
    It is hard to harass him through his employer if one doesn't know where he works - let his employer know he has been arrested on a "gun" charge.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    This story is not about the empty holster, it is about nitwit cops who cited a citizen for violating not a law, but violating a school rule in a student handbook that does not apply to the empty holster. Is there a monetary fine associated with the citation?

This story is about nitwit cops demanding compliance and politeness. File a formal complaint with real cops. Though, it is unlikely city cops will have any desire to trample the toes of campus cops...know what I mean?
    But the school rule does not cite an empty holster but a host of other items.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It is hard to harass him through his employer if one doesn't know where he works - let his employer know he has been arrested on a "gun" charge.
    So..........because they can, and there is no legitimate reason for this line of questioning?

I suppose there is more than one way to smack down school yard bullies; this one likely begins with KYBMS.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

in some of the 'community' and smaller universities around me the campus security is just that security. however, some of the bigger institutions as well as the malls and hospitals, have a group authorized by NC statute call security/campus police who are BLET trained, then sworn in by the highest elected peace officer in their county, thereby giving them arrest powers, etc.

these wantabees' attitudes are worse than rent-a-cops due to their lack the administrative oversight as they are supervised by 'joe the kindly deputy/cop' who retired (read possibly dismissed) cuz he and the sheriff or chief didn't see eye to eye on their policies.

finally they wave the blue ribbon high when associated with other good olde boys as they try to get on with a real police force.

i do not know the legal status of the nice campus blokes in their bright yellow jackets if they have sworn powers of not but looking at their age, i would say the institution hired retired or dismissed wantabees for the job.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

The chief has personally apologized, and the officer has been suspended.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/inde...olice_off.html

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

D.J. Parten, the student, likely has a K-ching in his future should he chose to pursue this.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Loved when the cop says he is being cited under the no weapons policy, the guy points out that the holster is not a weapon and the cop agrees... but then says there is a zero tolerance policy about weapons and that's why he is being cited... what thick skulls these two must have.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    D.J. Parten, the student, likely has a K-ching in his future should he chose to pursue this.
    prob no monetary exchange but perhaps a scholrship offered for his final year as well as master's ...

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    prob no monetary exchange but perhaps a scholrship offered for his final year as well as master's ...

ipse
    There are many acceptable coins of the realm.

Bottom line - IMO he should be compensated and his record cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

And that other P.O.S. cop just stood there and did nothing...and gets nothing in the way of negative consequences.

5 days off w/o pay...wow, what a punishment...NOT!!!

Those two nitwit cops need to be fired and whatever cop certification they hold revoked permanently. Any employment with any government entity, including public schools, is strictly verboten.

Tar, feathers, and a rail would not be too bad either.

Then sue them into living in a van down by the river.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

It seems that if the hat says POLICE, a badge is affixed, they get a government gat, and can write you a ticket...or worse, then they are real cops.

Disband the entire school cop shop!!! Chief apologizes...sure, whatever...