Thread: Judge Ignores LCIA law, Allows Newtown Lawsuit to proceed

Angry Judge Ignores LCIA law, Allows Newtown Lawsuit to proceed

BLUF: liberal judge wither can't read or can read but chooses to ignore the law

FUQ: "While the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act generally insulates gun companies from liability, Judge Barbara Bellis said the law could be used to attack the legal sufficiency of the plaintiffs' claims, but not to have the case thrown out at this early stage."

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...414-story.html

I hope this ruling will end up being overturned by a higher court and thus become a distinction without a difference, but one never knows. As I understand it, the so-called argument that the plaintiffs are making is that Remington marketed the Evil Black Rifle as as an Evil Black Rifle (gasp!). By appealing to Adam Lanza and who knows how many other terrorists, army-ranger-wannabes, etc., they "negligently entrusted" "military-grade hardware" to a host of dangerous mental defectives (because anybody that wants one must be homicidally crazy).

I don't need to point out the numerous laughable flaws in the plaintiffs' assertions. In many ways, the plaintiffs are just "useful idiots", willing tools of the gun control lobby. But this definitely bears watching by everybody because an activist judge is seeking to undermine/bypass/moot the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Well, in Florida if you lend a friend your car and they commit a crime and someone dies from that crime. You can goto jail as accessory to murder

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Well, in Florida if you lend a friend your car and they commit a crime and someone dies from that crime. You can goto jail as accessory to murder

Cite please.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Cite please.
    http://www.thenation.com/article/why...d-going-sleep/

Several years ago I read a piece in The New York Times by Adam Liptak about Ryan Holle. Ryan, who had no prior record, is serving a life sentence with no chance of parole in Florida. He was convicted of pre-meditated murder, even though no one, including the prosecutor, disputes that Ryan was asleep in his bed at home at the time of the crime.

SNIP

Exactly what did Ryan Holle do? At a party in his apartment over ten years ago, he lent his car to his roommate and went to sleep. He had lent his car to his roommate many times before with no negative consequences. This time the roommate and others went to a house where they knew a woman was selling marijuana from a safe. They planned to get the marijuana, but in the course of their break-in a teenage girl was killed.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2007/12/04...?_r=0&referer=

CRAWFORDVILLE, Fla. Early in the morning of March 10, 2003, after a raucous party that lasted into the small hours, a groggy and hungover 20-year-old named Ryan Holle lent his Chevrolet Metro to a friend. That decision, prosecutors later said, was tantamount to murder.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

uh, er, geee, i'm sorry freedom but...not quite the truth, hyperbole spin from holle ~ yes, but reported truth ~ no!!

quote: Holle, who had given the police statements in which he seemed to admit knowing about the burglary...

Holle stated that "I honestly thought they were going to get food," adding that "When they actually mentioned what was going on, I thought it was a joke." He added that he was naive, and had been drinking all night, so he "didn't understand what was going on. unquote.

object lesson here is keep your mouth shut only asking for a lawyer to be present...even a public one will suffice!!

he is as dumb as the idiot who shot his hand while wondering why his laser doesn't work.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post

In this case he knew they were going to rob the drug dealer using his car that is a lot different than just loaning your car to your buddy.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.