Thread: Hopkins' burglarized and 30 guns stolen

Hopkins' burglarized and 30 guns stolen

"The guns were stolen from Hopkins Gun and Tackle in Mechanicsville about 11:50 p.m., according to officials from the ATF Washington Field Office. The burglary was the second at the store in less than a month, as a another theft happened there March 21 when multiple hand guns were taken, authorities said."

As reported in the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6c5_story.html
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-20-2016 at 04:08 AM. Reason: deleted title icon

uh oh, one robbery...ok ~ tighten up your $hit, but two back to back and the nice ATF folks will be swooping down like Attila...

do they deal NAF firearms and accessories?

not an envious position for a FFL to be in!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    There have been a string of such break ins - other shops too.

The investigators believe they are perpetuated by the same people.

Remains to be seen whether the criminals are home brew or from out of state (NY, NJ, MA etc).

I think they will be caught and burned at the stake of justice as someone will trade them for 5 large ones.....there is no honor among thieves....or their friends.

http://wtvr.com/2016/03/23/fbi-says-...ins-connected/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

ATF announced earlier in the month for NC firearm's shops to be on the lookout for individuals 'casing the joint' multiple times...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There have been a string of such break ins - other shops too.

The investigators believe they are perpetuated by the same people.

Remains to be seen whether the criminals are home brew or from out of state (NY, NJ, MA etc).

I think they will be caught and burned at the stake of justice as someone will trade them for 5 large ones.....there is no honor among thieves....or their friends.

http://wtvr.com/2016/03/23/fbi-says-...ins-connected/
    Up date - ATF has increased the reward to $25,000 !! Some bad guys out there would sell their mother for less. Think it is not so much 'if' but 'when' they get a dime dropped on them.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/31744204/...-gun-robberies
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    uh oh, one robbery...ok ~ tighten up your $hit, but two back to back and the nice ATF folks will be swooping down like Attila...

do they deal NAF firearms and accessories?

not an envious position for a FFL to be in!!

ipse
    I don't know what the threshold is for BATFE to jump in on burglaries of FFL establishments. In my neck of the woods it seems like they involve themselves in any incidents where more than one firearm is swiped from a store.

But then neither they nor the local police ever offer a description, w/serial numbers, of the stolen firearms. Maybe it wouldn't help, but it surely couldn't hurt. It's like they only want to solve the case if the public is excluded from helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    I don't know what the threshold is for BATFE to jump in on burglaries of FFL establishments. In my neck of the woods it seems like they involve themselves in any incidents where more than one firearm is swiped from a store.

But then neither they nor the local police ever offer a description, w/serial numbers, of the stolen firearms. Maybe it wouldn't help, but it surely couldn't hurt. It's like they only want to solve the case if the public is excluded from helping.
    you are right Brian, ATF will come when there is a FFL break-in then move on leaving it to the locals...but two back to back will bring gaggles of agents with their fine toothed combs to see what is going on, e.g., thefts coverup hidden stock, misrepresented stock, who might owe money, A&D nice and tight, review recent customer sales to include personal contact, ad nauseam...

i found out the hard way, when firearm(s) were 'borrowed' from my vehicle, so i personally ping'd every pawn shop in the stolen area w/serial numbers thanks but then told they have no way to check for stolen firearms except through the local LE contact. further investigation revealed ONLY the nice LEs per se, can check the FBI's stolen firearm computer database which i find incredulous.

i even sent the 10/22 rifle's s/n to the SC LEs when they recently confiscated a large cache of firearms of dubious ownership. didn't hear back anything.

ipse

Check the whereabouts of every ATF agent who works/resides within a 300 mile radius. Then check to see where they went the next day.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Sure hope this isn't terrorism related.
    Arming a bunch of "refugees"
    *I am not a lawyer. Nothing from me shall be construed as a magic cloak of legal advice. It's ultimately your tucas that's on the line. Keep examining the law anyway. The gov't, made up of people like us, is supposed to work for us, not against us. Let's find, correct, and avoid the wrongs before they're actively used against us, or we become innocently trapped by them. We're to be the masters. Let's vigilantly keep tabs on our servants who seek to rule us.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristCrusader View Post
    Sure hope this isn't terrorism related.
    Arming a bunch of "refugees"
    Don't know about their being refugees, but they are fugitives with a price on their sixes - lots of people shaking the bushes too.

That news seems strange. Usually people with princess cut diamonds tattooed on their Adam's apples are such respectable people.

I wonder if there is body-cam video of the context of the agent's leg brushing the back of the sofa to dislodge the gun not-in-plain-view?

Princess cut is a four sided pyramid.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-27-2016 at 09:53 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by speed41ae View Post
    Was talking to Vance yesterday about Don. In the course of the conversation he said that they had some real hot leads.

and such ink, truly enhances victim's memory when you are seen casing the joint..

just saying

ipse

added...as stated, robbed once, atf normally leaves it in the local's bailiwick. twice in a month coupled with three other robberies...ATF gets a smudge cranky...
    Last edited by solus; 04-27-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Was talking to Vance yesterday about Don. In the course of the conversation he said that they had some real hot leads.
    Much, as in a lot, of security enhancement has taken place. Just about everything except an alert guard dog.