• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hopkins' burglarized and 30 guns stolen

taurusfan

"The guns were stolen from Hopkins Gun and Tackle in Mechanicsville about 11:50 p.m., according to officials from the ATF Washington Field Office. The burglary was the second at the store in less than a month, as a another theft happened there March 21 when multiple hand guns were taken, authorities said."

As reported in the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...7e9f24-043d-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html

Last edited by a moderator:

solus

uh oh, one robbery...ok ~ tighten up your $hit, but two back to back and the nice ATF folks will be swooping down like Attila...:eek:

do they deal NAF firearms and accessories?

not an envious position for a FFL to be in!!

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There have been a string of such break ins - other shops too.

The investigators believe they are perpetuated by the same people.

Remains to be seen whether the criminals are home brew or from out of state (NY, NJ, MA etc).

I think they will be caught and burned at the stake of justice as someone will trade them for 5 large ones.....there is no honor among thieves....or their friends.

http://wtvr.com/2016/03/23/fbi-says-central-virginia-gun-store-break-ins-connected/

solus

ATF announced earlier in the month for NC firearm's shops to be on the lookout for individuals 'casing the joint' multiple times...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There have been a string of such break ins - other shops too.

The investigators believe they are perpetuated by the same people.

Remains to be seen whether the criminals are home brew or from out of state (NY, NJ, MA etc).

I think they will be caught and burned at the stake of justice as someone will trade them for 5 large ones.....there is no honor among thieves....or their friends.

http://wtvr.com/2016/03/23/fbi-says-central-virginia-gun-store-break-ins-connected/

Up date - ATF has increased the reward to $25,000 !! Some bad guys out there would sell their mother for less. Think it is not so much 'if' but 'when' they get a dime dropped on them.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/31744204...-put-a-stop-to-a-string-of-area-gun-robberies

Brian D.

uh oh, one robbery...ok ~ tighten up your $hit, but two back to back and the nice ATF folks will be swooping down like Attila...:eek:

do they deal NAF firearms and accessories?

not an envious position for a FFL to be in!!

ipse

I don't know what the threshold is for BATFE to jump in on burglaries of FFL establishments. In my neck of the woods it seems like they involve themselves in any incidents where more than one firearm is swiped from a store.

But then neither they nor the local police ever offer a description, w/serial numbers, of the stolen firearms. Maybe it wouldn't help, but it surely couldn't hurt. It's like they only want to solve the case if the public is excluded from helping.

solus

I don't know what the threshold is for BATFE to jump in on burglaries of FFL establishments. In my neck of the woods it seems like they involve themselves in any incidents where more than one firearm is swiped from a store.

But then neither they nor the local police ever offer a description, w/serial numbers, of the stolen firearms. Maybe it wouldn't help, but it surely couldn't hurt. It's like they only want to solve the case if the public is excluded from helping.

you are right Brian, ATF will come when there is a FFL break-in then move on leaving it to the locals...but two back to back will bring gaggles of agents with their fine toothed combs to see what is going on, e.g., thefts coverup hidden stock, misrepresented stock, who might owe money, A&D nice and tight, review recent customer sales to include personal contact, ad nauseam...

i found out the hard way, when firearm(s) were 'borrowed' from my vehicle, so i personally ping'd every pawn shop in the stolen area w/serial numbers thanks but then told they have no way to check for stolen firearms except through the local LE contact. further investigation revealed ONLY the nice LEs per se, can check the FBI's stolen firearm computer database which i find incredulous.

i even sent the 10/22 rifle's s/n to the SC LEs when they recently confiscated a large cache of firearms of dubious ownership. didn't hear back anything.

ipse

blahpony

That news seems strange. Usually people with princess cut diamonds tattooed on their Adam's apples are such respectable people.

solus

and such ink, truly enhances victim's memory when you are seen casing the joint..

just saying

ipse

added...as stated, robbed once, atf normally leaves it in the local's bailiwick. twice in a month coupled with three other robberies...ATF gets a smudge cranky...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Was talking to Vance yesterday about Don. In the course of the conversation he said that they had some real hot leads.

Much, as in a lot, of security enhancement has taken place. Just about everything except an alert guard dog.

can-stock-photo_csp31733658.jpg