Thread: 2 chesapeake police officers charged with assault

2 chesapeake police officers charged with assault

http://wavy.com/2016/04/20/two-chesa...-with-assualt/

Be interesting to see what the facts turn out to be in this case
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-21-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: fixed title. misspelled word

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    If we take the article at face value there was no contact with the 'victim', only the threat to hurt him. I notice the lack of the term 'battery.'

"In Virginia, the crimes of assault (physically threatening to hurt someone) and battery (causing injury) are usually misdemeanors.
    http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...ttery-laws.htm

Gonna have to wait and see how this shakes out.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

http://pilotonline.com/news/local/cr...76e724a19.html

different article with photos ...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

State Researcher
    I guess I missed anything about the victim being an OCer.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    I guess I missed anything about the victim being an OCer.
    The article is state specific to Virginia. Is about Use of Force employed by LEOs.

It has a direct tie to another thread in the General Discussion sub-forum: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-of-Force-LEOs

It is not part of a general bashing attempt nor an anti-police posting.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It has a direct tie to another thread in the General Discussion sub-forum: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-of-Force-LEOs
    Seems it isn't the only thread about police use of force entirely un-related to OC using that thread as the justification. We've also got one about Militarized Police sending a depressed man to a psych eval.

It is not part of a general bashing attempt nor an anti-police posting.
    What are current odds on how long that remains true?

I get it. It is your job to decide what crosses the line and what is legit.
    Last edited by utbagpiper; 04-21-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Seems it isn't the only thread about police use of force entirely un-related to OC using that thread as the justification. We've also got one about Militarized Police sending a depressed man to a psych eval.

It is a high-wire balancing act. I work w/o a safety net.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-21-2016 at 09:07 PM.

As the OP of this thread I can state without a doubt that my intent was not to bash LEOs. The original link was to a short article that was very sketchy on details but did raise my interest as to what the circumstances were and if I could learn anything from the event without having to experience first hand myself. I know others are very good at combing the bushes for more information and I thank SOLUS for providing the link to more details. I will honestly say that I was unaware (or didn't remember) the "related" thread grapeshot mentions so I can't really justify my post as a follow up to that thread. It was and still is, simply an article that caught my interest and was unusual in the fact that you normally don't hear of such sanctions/actions against LEOs especially where a loss of life was not involved. So, I shared the article with others in the hope of learning more.

Now that we have learned more and it does not appear to have any connection to OCing I have no problem if the moderator choses to close and or delete the thread. My apologies to any LEOs that may have been offended by my drawing attention to this occurrence.
    Last edited by wrearick; 04-22-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrearick View Post
    Now that we have learned more and it does not appear to have any connection to OCing I have no problem if the moderator choses to close and or delete the thread. My apologies to any LEOs that may have been offended by my drawing attention to this occurrence.
    Are you kidding? THE problem with bad cops is that the good cops DON'T draw attention to the bad ones, and then RUN THEM OUT of the profession. NOTHING will change until the good cops take charge of protecting their own reputations.

TFred

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Are you kidding? THE problem with bad cops is that the good cops DON'T draw attention to the bad ones, and then RUN THEM OUT of the profession. NOTHING will change until the good cops take charge of protecting their own reputations.

TFred
    Peace officers that see terrible abuse of power by other peace officers and obeying the creed of the silent blue wall, tolerating the abuse of citizens, instead of being faithful to their oath are not the good ones,they are just as bad and corrupt, the silent enablers.

Live free or die,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Peace officers that see terrible abuse of power by other peace officers and obeying the creed of the silent blue wall, tolerating the abuse of citizens, instead of being faithful to their oath are not the good ones,they are just as bad and corrupt, the silent enablers.

Live free or die,
    Thundar
    As ive said before...

3% of cops are bad cops.
    2% of cops ARE, good cops.
    95% of cops WISH,,, they were, GOOD cops,,, wishing they could/should/would,, do Something!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 04-24-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    As ive said before...

3% of cops are bad cops.
    2% of cops ARE, good cops.
    85% of cops WISH,,, they were, GOOD cops,,, wishing they could/should/would,, do Something!
    Where do you place the other 10%? On the fence?

whoops

math problems i have,,, fix i will,,, you i thank..
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 04-24-2016 at 04:05 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

...as is with any thing a margin of error must be...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    It is a high-wire balancing act. I work w/o a safety net.
    Buts its posters, not you, who pay the price...perhaps updating the "bashing" section of the rules to avoid some inadvertant transgressions by forum members.

After all, they all agree to abide by the rules, so should all their posts be assumed to be posted per the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Buts its posters, not you, who pay the price...perhaps updating the "bashing" section of the rules to avoid some inadvertant transgressions by forum members.

After all, they all agree to abide by the rules, so should all their posts be assumed to be posted per the rules?
    I do not accept creating ass-u-me.

Inadvertent rule violations are still violations. Such are not "per the rules," but subject to the rules and the Forum Rules are more than adequate.

Intent is not a free pass. It is the response that may vary.

Back on topic if you please.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-29-2016 at 08:19 AM.