• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Students for Concealed Carry - University of Louisville

Ahareht

Hey all,

Dante and myself are working to get the UofL Students for concealed carry chapter up and running. Our next BIG step is becoming an RSO (Registered Student Organization) as it allows us to advertise on university sites and makes scheduling events much easier.

For this we need an Advisor. They have to be an adult and NOT a University of Louisville student. They do not have to participate in any functions or events or even live in KY (counting votes twice a year for officer elections is the only requirement). Ideally, we would want a faculty member, but I can go on for hours how we've been blocked on that front.

Figured, I'd ask here if anyone is interested? I know after talking with Dante we'd like to set up a table during orientation and schedule empty holster protests. I also had the idea of charity gun auctions as well as self defense seminars.

Anyway if anyone is interested in being our advisor please message me and I'll get your info.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing some of you next week at the Miami University March.

Ahareht and Valor.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey all,

Dante and myself are working to get the UofL Students for concealed carry chapter up and running. Our next BIG step is becoming an RSO (Registered Student Organization) as it allows us to advertise on university sites and makes scheduling events much easier.

For this we need an Advisor. They have to be an adult and NOT a University of Louisville student. They do not have to participate in any functions or events or even live in KY (counting votes twice a year for officer elections is the only requirement). Ideally, we would want a faculty member, but I can go on for hours how we've been blocked on that front.

Figured, I'd ask here if anyone is interested? I know after talking with Dante we'd like to set up a table during orientation and schedule empty holster protests. I also had the idea of charity gun auctions as well as self defense seminars.

Anyway if anyone is interested in being our advisor please message me and I'll get your info.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing some of you next week at the Miami University March.

Ahareht and Valor.
With no requirement to live in state, moving this to the SCCC sub-forum where people of interest might be more easily found.

Last edited:

bunnspecial

Sorry to not have seen this thread earlier.

I am a former student and current full-time employee of the University of Louisville. I am more than willing to serve as a sponsor and even take an active roll. Feel free to contact me at

Last edited: