• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone DOING anything?

jammer

Governor Scott cannot "repeal" statute law. In this case both the senate and the house would have to approve in order to pass such a bill forward for the governors signature. Then and only then would the old law be "repealed."

Follow a bill through the process: Bill originating in the Senate

https://www.flsenate.gov/About/HowAnIdeaBecomesALaw

The real issue is that some good bills do not even make it to committees, because the committee chairperson holds the bill back, does not allow presentation = effectively a pocket veto. This has been part of the problem with open carry bills.

What about an Executive Order? you know like Obama does.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Governor Scott cannot "repeal" statute law. In this case both the senate and the house would have to approve in order to pass such a bill forward for the governors signature. Then and only then would the old law be "repealed."

--snipped--

What about an Executive Order? you know like Obama does.
Executive order could only effect those actual state agencies that fall under the purview and control of the executive branch. Public land and buildings owned or leased by municipalities (cities, towns & counties) are not in that group. As also private property is not.

Last edited:

77zach

I honestly expect to see Norman to go to the SCOTUS. I think Florida high court will rule open carry is legal, then the state will appeal to SCOTUS.

The Fl SC will uphold the open carry ban. The reasons I have outlined in other threads but basically they have little integrity, hate guns in the hands of mundanes and believe the right to bear arms is a second class right.

Should Fl SC overturn the OC ban (right after it snows in Miami in July) I doubt the state will appeal to the SCOTUS.

Any solution lies in the legislature, and nothing can be done until after November elections.

rightwinglibertarian

Come, come now RWL. You know better than to insert opinion in place of law, not withstanding how noble that opinion might be.

Constitutional carry is not legal in Florida much less in all 50 states. False information can harm people who do not see through the veil you wrap around the issue.

Do not repeat or continue in this vein - serious consequences will result.

Opinion?! The 2A is not up for debate. Shall not be infringed means just that. False information indeed. You're training people to be cowards and slaves. Attitudes like what I've seen here would result in a hanging in colonial days and now I see brazen refusal to accept the Constitution or even behave like an honest American. So go ahead. Ban me because I don't want to be in a place that tells lies to it's members.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Opinion?! The 2A is not up for debate. Shall not be infringed means just that. False information indeed. You're training people to be cowards and slaves. Attitudes like what I've seen here would result in a hanging in colonial days and now I see brazen refusal to accept the Constitution or even behave like an honest American. So go ahead. Ban me because I don't want to be in a place that tells lies to it's members.

Deliberate, extremely insulting post.

As you wish.

Last edited:

solus

:eek: :uhoh:
:shocker:

moon_alice_cartoon.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Governor Scott cannot "repeal" statute law.
But Obama declares and repeals laws by fiat all the time! If that Executive branch can do it, why can't all the others?

He issued Executive Orders stating immigration laws should not be enforced. Ignore the law.

Nothing prevents Scott from issuing an Executive order declaring that 790.053 should not be enforced.

What's the only difference?

If Scott ordered 790.053, it'd be legit. Because 2nd Amendment.

Obama's orders have no legal basis, but they are done...

Really?

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You disagree yourself. You don't believe in the absolute right to bear arms. If even 50% of people would exercise their rights as the Constitution demands we have the right to, what you see in Commie-fornia, Illinois-ing and most of New England wouldn't even exist. It is our duty to exercise and defend against tyranny from within and without and even the 2A itself recognises that the people are the Militia and this is back up by multiple statements from the Founding Fathers. The solution is to exercise our rights en masse. BLM Nevada and Oregon were clearly not big enough to have the needed impact and the same principle can and should be used every single time an attempt is made against our freedom and the very foundation of our nation. The Constitution.
Didn't Kokesh put together a gun owner march on DC? Then pussed out when the response was overwhelming?

Oh sh!t, people want this way more than I realized, better call it off...

Awesome!

I would totally march on Tally with one of my cheap-ass AR-15 Ghost Guns...

Kokesh exceeded his goal of people willing to go about 45 days before the event was supposed to happen. It was snowballing rapidly when he went nancy boy on us...

If we got 10% of the State's Population to march on Tally...

But sh!t, they can't even show up to go fishing...

People don't care about their rights anymore. They talk big, but they just want free stuff and don't care what happens...

Last edited: