• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Daytona Beach

Gideon70

I'm looking for folks to join me for an Open Carry fishing trip in Daytona Beach. The fishing will be at Holly Point Park in Holly Hill, with lunch after. I need ten people to sign up and get the date set.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm looking for folks to join me for an Open Carry fishing trip in Daytona Beach. The fishing will be at Holly Point Park in Holly Hill, with lunch after. I need ten people to sign up and get the date set.
Think you mean near Daytona Beach - Holly Park, Florida is a separate municipality.

The Events sub-section of the state forums is more typically utilized as repository /history of past events rather than for announcements - not as intended but how it is practiced.

Many people regularly OC to, from, and while fishing, camping, and hunting. Numerous meet-ups have taken place prior - nothing new here.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...da-open-carry-while-fishing-hunting-gun-range

http://legacy.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/05/14/gun-owners-open-carry-while-fishing/9087995/

http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.co...4778-Open-Carry-While-hunting-fishing-camping

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...7-carry-while-fishing-without-license-fl.html

http://www.guns.com/2011/07/27/going-fishing-to-protest-floridas-open-carry-ban/

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
To help you generate some possible interest, I'm moving this thread to the main body of the Florida sub-forum.

It will be seen and read by more people there.

Gideon70

To help you generate some possible interest, I'm moving this thread to the main body of the Florida sub-forum.

It will be seen and read by more people there.

Thank you. I live in Holly Hill wich borders Daytona and the two cities are generally referred to as "Daytona Area." So yes, I want to do an Open Carry fishing at the Holly Point Park in the very near future. I carry openly on my property all the time, and when I camp I tend to carry there as well. But I want to see it more common.

Oh, and just a curious thing, but did you know you can legally carry a 1911 openly in the state? The statutes say any gun made before 1918, and the 1911 clearly predates that and is classified as an antique weapon.

solus

Thank you. I live in Holly Hill wich borders Daytona and the two cities are generally referred to as "Daytona Area." So yes, I want to do an Open Carry fishing at the Holly Point Park in the very near future. I carry openly on my property all the time, and when I camp I tend to carry there as well. But I want to see it more common.

Oh, and just a curious thing, but did you know you can legally carry a 1911 openly in the state? The statutes say any gun made before 1918, and the 1911 clearly predates that and is classified as an antique weapon.

oh Gideon, just a small comment in passing since you are still considered a newbie, did you know you can not post "gross" misinformation across threads?

quoth the great grapeshot: You cannot exclude the other requirements, which you have selectively done.

So neither the Browning 1915 nor the 1911 qualifies as an antique firearm - your reply is a gross misstatement. unquoth

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?103969-Legality-of-black-powder-open-carry

getting my crackerjacks to search for the prize inside.

ipse

ADulay

Gideon70,

The 2nd Saturday of the month is generally held to be an "open carry/fishing" event around the state. I believe this has been going on almost 5 years or so.

There is a small band of reasonably dedicated people who do show up for these meetings, me included, except my particular meeting city is Fort Myers.

Florida Carry would be the people to search and you'll find that Daytona does have a fishing park for these events. I don't see why it couldn't move to Holly Hill if you get enough people.

AD

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
oh Gideon, just a small comment in passing since you are still considered a newbie, did you know you can not post "gross" misinformation across threads?

quoth the great grapeshot: You cannot exclude the other requirements, which you have selectively done.

So neither the Browning 1915 nor the 1911 qualifies as an antique firearm - your reply is a gross misstatement. unquoth

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?103969-Legality-of-black-powder-open-carry

getting my crackerjacks to search for the prize inside.

ipse

“Antique firearm” means any firearm manufactured in or before 1918.... or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1918...

Seems pretty clear to me. There's no requirement for black powder even though I often hear it discussed.
Gideon - The first time you misstated the statute was somewhat excused but corrected in total via my post #34 in the following thread which you read. Your next comment/reply there has been deleted as not factual.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?103969-Legality-of-black-powder-open-carry&p=2188663

Now you do the same thing again in what would appear to be a deliberate attempt to propagate false and misleading information. We do not take kindly to disseminating false information, especially on multiple threads. You have an incoming PM.

Last edited:

Daytona Gun Owner

Gideon - The first time you misstated the statute was somewhat excused but corrected in total via my post #34 in the following thread which you read. Your next comment/reply there has been deleted as not factual.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?103969-Legality-of-black-powder-open-carry&p=2188663

Now you do the same thing again in what would appear to be a deliberate attempt to propagate false and misleading information. We do not take kindly to disseminating false information, especially on multiple threads. You have an incoming PM.

Wow, talk about being attacked for talking out loud.

Grapeshot, I've seen you shut down most of the conversations, and while I've been a member for years (mostly silent) it's really startling to see you go on the attack on a new poster (I know the person myself, he's a decent guy - a little annoying but decent)

Is this the new way discussions are going to be handled? If it is, then I'm moving along. No interest in seeing someone attacked for no reason.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wow, talk about being attacked for talking out loud.

Grapeshot, I've seen you shut down most of the conversations, and while I've been a member for years (mostly silent) it's really startling to see you go on the attack on a new poster (I know the person myself, he's a decent guy - a little annoying but decent)

Is this the new way discussions are going to be handled? If it is, then I'm moving along. No interest in seeing someone attacked for no reason.
Very strange response from someone who has been a member here since 2011.

I think it is fair to say I do not shut down "most" of the conversations on OCDO - actually, a tiny percentage of posts are ever so restricted.

I do not "attack" people -that is an act of aggression. I defend (respond to) rule infractions, correct misstatements, make called decisions based on OCDO policy, and do janitorial work (that's a joke).

Maybe if you know him, you can suggest he not be annoying or insulting. Accusing me of practicing law w/o a license is IMO both.

I operate in accordance with the cite owner's instructions and guidance.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I was going to say that I'd make the ride, 183 miles one way.. But, uh... Ugliness has ensued.

I thoroughly covered the Black Powder bit... The straightforward part is planted inside a booby trap... You'd have to do a lot of reading to find it. No, it's not legal.