• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lame question

Jake151

Very sorry for the lame question but here it goes. I'm needing to pick up a pistol that a friend had borrowed a few years ago. I bought it years ago, maybe 20? Whats the best place to have it in the car while bringing it home? I just don't want any trouble if I get pulled over for any reason.

Again, I know this is such a lame question. But I am not up on any gun laws whatsoever.

Thanks

Jake151

Thank you I appreciate it.

Since you are "not up on any gun laws", I assume that you do not have a concealed weapons license. It doesn't really make much difference. Open carry is legal in Ky. You could just lay it on the seat or dash, in the open, but they can always slide around. The law also says that it is not considered concealed if you put it in any factory installed compartment. So, just stick it in the glove box. That is not concealed. If that doesn't make you happy, put it in the trunk. Since it is not accessible, it can not be "on or about your person" which is necessary for a concealed weapon. Guns in cars are very well protected in Ky. You really have to work or be extremely unlucky to conceal a gun in a car. Don't hide it, don't cover it or allow it to become covered with newspapers or clothing and don't stick it under the seat. It is legal activity, trying to go unnoticed could get you into trouble. Best option, put it in the glove box. I have three guns in my car every day.

Chief Ten Beers

Since you are "not up on any gun laws", I assume that you do not have a concealed weapons license. It doesn't really make much difference. Open carry is legal in Ky. You could just lay it on the seat or dash, in the open, but they can always slide around. The law also says that it is not considered concealed if you put it in any factory installed compartment. So, just stick it in the glove box. That is not concealed. If that doesn't make you happy, put it in the trunk. Since it is not accessible, it can not be "on or about your person" which is necessary for a concealed weapon. Guns in cars are very well protected in Ky. You really have to work or be extremely unlucky to conceal a gun in a car. Don't hide it, don't cover it or allow it to become covered with newspapers or clothing and don't stick it under the seat. It is legal activity, trying to go unnoticed could get you into trouble. Best option, put it in the glove box. I have three guns in my car every day.

When I'm open carrying and I'm driving in my car, I don't take it off and put it in the box, it stays on me in the open.

Last edited by a moderator: