Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: “the only way to stop a good guy with a gun is a bad guy with a gun.” !?

  1. #1
    Regular Member oldbanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    beckofbeyond - Idaho
    Posts
    476

    “the only way to stop a good guy with a gun is a bad guy with a gun.” !?


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162

    Gun Violence Archive

    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-23-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Another liberal/progressive gun owner who wants to disarm America, yet he has not given up his own guns. What a hypocrite!
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,274
    All ya need to know about Mark Bryant.
    Related Websites: Sunlight Foundation: Criminal Justice Data, Everytown for Gun Safety, The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, Americans for Responsible Solutions, Armed With Reason, Coalition To Stop Gun Violence, Gun Policy, Officer Down Memorial Page
    ...the company you keep.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Link gave a "404".
    Sounds like a personal browser problem to me. It only now worked for me.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    497
    I have to be honest, he admits the most accurate tally for gun usage/deaths is the CDC, but even with their MILLIONS of dollars of funding by comparison, they still don't get all of it.. yet his 500K a year is more accurate then the millions behind the CDC?... where is my BS flag??

    then to say that households with guns is down but individual ownership is up.. WTF!? how is that even POSSIBLE!?

    their logic is dizzying, and severely lacking foundation in reality.

  7. #7
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Snip...
    then to say that households with guns is down but individual ownership is up.. WTF!? how is that even POSSIBLE!?

    ...snip.
    Earlier they have 3 households with 1 gun owner in each, now for whatever reason they now have only 2 households but now they each have 2 individual gun owners in each.... note the Decrease in number of households with firearms but now with 4 individual gun owners instead of the 3 they had before.

    Seems like it is possible to me.

    Carry On!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Even if the premise that removing guns from our citizens would lower gun deaths is true ... so what? It does not change your RKBA.

    I argue all the time with antis who spout off stats. You know that you cannot attack the stats that they use to effect them at all ... I just listen and then say "its irrelevant". A right is a right. Some get it, most don't. Many people jump up and down and say all kinds of nasty things to me. Oh well.

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Failed in both IE-11 and Firefox on Win. 7.
    Worked fine in IE & Firefox on Win7.

    Read it all, wish I hadn't, duct tape failed half way through.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Sounds like a personal browser problem to me. It only now worked for me.
    My primary browser, the one that I explore untrusted sites with, is the extremely cranky AdBlocker browser for iOS.

    It is the only browser that I have found that seems to reliably detect zero pixel beacons in images, vastly most of them, even personally produced images are commonly tagged.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Earlier they have 3 households with 1 gun owner in each, now for whatever reason they now have only 2 households but now they each have 2 individual gun owners in each.... note the Decrease in number of households with firearms but now with 4 individual gun owners instead of the 3 they had before.

    Seems like it is possible to me.

    Carry On!
    well... I guess if you have multiple families in one home, it makes sense, especially since the downturn of the economy due to the use of fiat currency from a central bank... and the housing bubble going pop.. ect ect.

    so fine.. that one, is possible, unlikely to an extent, but possible.

    they are still dizzying in their logic... or should I say lack thereof.

    I personally think he is skewing the stats to fit his own agenda.

    and again his budget isn't even close to the CDC's yet they are toutng him as a hero with more relevant and accurate data.. I find this unlikely as well.

    and even if a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy is a small percentage, maybe that merely points to a larger problem... too many people are unarmed and prefer to be victims.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    well... I guess if you have multiple families in one home, it makes sense, especially since the downturn of the economy due to the use of fiat currency from a central bank... and the housing bubble going pop.. ect ect.

    so fine.. that one, is possible, unlikely to an extent, but possible.

    they are still dizzying in their logic... or should I say lack thereof.

    I personally think he is skewing the stats to fit his own agenda.

    and again his budget isn't even close to the CDC's yet they are toutng him as a hero with more relevant and accurate data.. I find this unlikely as well.

    and even if a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy is a small percentage, maybe that merely points to a larger problem... too many people are unarmed and prefer to be victims.
    Good point ... if 100% of people were armed our society would be the friendliest one around ... guns make good neighbors !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •