• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I assume we all missed the shootings in Seattle . . .

zaitz

Banned
News says that there were 3 or 4 shootings last night in Seattle, in West Seattle, pioneer square and on Capitol hill. Supposedly persons in two vehicles on cap hill were shooting at each other; supposedly no one was killed or wounded in the cap hill shootings other than one person reportedly known to have been touched on his back but not penetrated.

Supposedly after several dozen shots fired, the two vehicles sped away in opposite directions. I am not sure if it is good or bad or by God's providence or poor training that various persons fired around 40 times at each other in Capitol hill and no one seems to be hit except perhaps a bystander who was not penetrated.

A car parked at 12th and Madison was found to have a bullet hole in a window. Of course, we don't know if the two vehicles had bullet holes in them since they left the scene.

z

amlevin

News says that there were 3 or 4 shootings last night in Seattle, in West Seattle, pioneer square and on Capitol hill. Supposedly persons in two vehicles on cap hill were shooting at each other; supposedly no one was killed or wounded in the cap hill shootings other than one person reportedly known to have been touched on his back but not penetrated.

Supposedly after several dozen shots fired, the two vehicles sped away in opposite directions. I am not sure if it is good or bad or by God's providence or poor training that various persons fired around 40 times at each other in Capitol hill and no one seems to be hit except perhaps a bystander who was not penetrated.

A car parked at 12th and Madison was found to have a bullet hole in a window. Of course, we don't know if the two vehicles had bullet holes in them since they left the scene.

z

Gosh, the News reports that only 20 rounds were fired.

Shootings in Seattle are pretty much a regular occurance. Capital Hill, West Seattle/White Center, Rainier Valley, Pioneer Square, and Belltown, all seem to be "free-fire zones". Only time it becomes REAL news is if there's a body count.

solus

z

Z, bolded above indicates you do not know the facts...

quoting saturday's Seattle Times: The increased police patrols followed two shootings early Saturday in Seattle.

The first occurred near 10th Avenue East and East Seneca Street... Gunfire was exchanged between two moving vehicles...No one was injured, but parked cars were damaged...

in the second shooting, in a parking lot at Occidental Avenue South and South Washington Street, four people were injured, one seriously.

The shootings are being investigated by the department’s gang unit. unquote http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/seattle-police-investigate-overnight-shootings/

as Amlevin correctly states these are apparent open range areas which is why the Times article stated the nice LEs are stepping up their 'summer' patrol activity early.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Some spread rumors, some post facts with cites. Only the latter will earn respect here.

amlevin

as Amlevin correctly states these are apparent open range areas which is why the Times article stated the nice LEs are stepping up their 'summer' patrol activity early.

ipse

I have first hand knowledge of this "area". I drove an ambulance and responded to numerous calls involving gunshot victims in this area (some alive, some dead) before the Fire Department started their Aid Car/Paramedic program. I averaged at least one gunshot wound per day during my week long shifts. Those that weren't shot were stabbed or sliced up with a straight razor. There were three areas like this in Seattle. White Center/West Seattle, Rainier Valley, and "the Central District". My ambulance days were in the early-mid 60's and I saw more "blood and guts" than while in the army serving during the Vietnam War.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed. These areas are basically poor, violent, and drug infested, with gangs ruling.