Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gone West - Farewell Peter Nap...

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Gone West - Farewell Peter Nap...

RIP Don Litten.. We had a love/hate relationship.. You LOVED to hate me - Seriously, Don and I had been friends for years.. He was an avid gun rights guy, photographer, author, blogger http://news.oldva.org, hunter, family man and more. We like to rib each other all the time.. He was a TRUE Open Carrier and thought all permit laws were "perks" for people that asked the government for permission. I used to tell him that I thought he kept the Virginia cigarette companies in business. I once caught him lighting a smoke when he had one already burning. We had lots of fun and lots of arguments.. and am glad to have know him and am a better person for it. My heart goes out to Jane Cole Litten, Taylor Litten Duff and other family members that he had.. He was one of the good guys with a gun.
    Last edited by ed; 04-25-2016 at 08:13 PM.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    RIP Don Litten.. We had a love/hate relationship.. You LOVED to hate me - Seriously, Don and I had been friends for years.. He was an avid gun rights guy, photographer, author, blogger http://news.oldva.org, hunter, family man and more. We like to rib each other all the time.. He was a TRUE Open Carrier and thought all permit laws were "perks" for people that asked the government for permission. I used to tell him that I thought he kept the Virginia cigarette companies in business. I once caught him lighting a smoke when he had one already burning. We had lots of fun and lots of arguments.. and am glad to have know him and am a better person for it. My heart goes out to Jane Cole Litten, Taylor Litten Duff and other family members that he had.. He was one of the good guys with a gun.
    I just heard about this on the VLA site. SO very sad. We have lost a warrior and Virginia has lost a really great guy.

I am crushed in spirit over Don's departure this afternoon. A selfless, generous person, always willing to help, and always spoke the truth (whether anyone else liked it or not). Don never spoke about religion as near as I could tell, but was a walking embodiment of The Word and The Way. You can tell what kind of person he was by the people who loved him. I am grateful to have known him.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Well that just SUCKS! The few times I met him, he as a consummate gentlemen. He was a great advocate for our 2ndA rights. I will miss him! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh!!!

Well liked,,, Well missed....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Virginia lost one of its finest sons today, and a man I'm proud to have called my friend
    JFT 96

I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

Centurion
    Glad to have met the grand gentleman and his special one. I was privileged to break bread with him and a few other folks from Virginia. He will be missed I am sure.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Difficult to comprehend and express how great this loss is, not only to his family and close circle of friends and associates, but to the effort to preserve and defend the Right to Keep and Bear Arms as a free people. I only hope those of us left behind are men and women enough to step up and boldly TRY to fill those shoes.

Although he never was able to do it, Don paid me one of the finest compliments a man could ever pay, when he told me he would like to meet my father, to share his good opinion of me. That was truly humbling.

TFred

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Don Litten aka Peter Nap

It is an end to an era, but not to his story. His legacy lives in each of us who were ever touched by his words or deeds. He left us our marching orders and we cannot let him down.

Indeed, he was both the consummate Ol' Virginia gentleman and the steely eye lobbyist who could devastate the opposition with a few well-chosen words. He was well known and respected in the offices and conference rooms of the General Assembly. He sent shudders through Richmond City Council when he entered with his press credentials and camera.

Don did do magic with his lenses. Someone should publish his work/pictures. He loved to preserve the beauty that he saw and share it with others. He brought joy to many of us this way.

Don was a highly skilled educator of RKBA and particularly OC. He led by example, not just mere words. Who can forget his Ferry Tales - he worked to pursue justice including serving summons. He gave of his time and money, asking for nothing in return. He gave credit to others, yet neither expected nor wanted any recognition/reward for himself.

He would walk into a restaurant and the owner and staff would call him by name plus know what he was going to eat. Don thought black, doubled brewed coffee was a basic food group.

That so many people knew and loved him is testament to his life

My heart is heavy, but I'm relieved that he no longer hurts.

Brother Don, you have earned your place in heaven. I miss you.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-26-2016 at 01:26 AM. Reason: fixed dropped words & duplication
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don Litten aka Peter Nap

It is an end to an era, but not to his story. His legacy lives in each of us who were ever touched by his words or deeds. He left us our marching orders and we cannot let him down.

Indeed, he was both the consummate Ol' Virginia gentleman and the steely eye lobbyist who could devastate the opposition with a few well-chosen words. He was well known and respected in the offices and conference rooms of the General Assembly. He sent shudders through Richmond City Council when he entered with his press credentials and camera.

Don did do magic with his lenses. Someone should publish his work/pictures. He loved to preserve the beauty that he saw and share it with others. He brought joy to many of us this way.

Don was a highly skilled educator of RKBA and particularly OC. He led by example, not just mere words. Who can forget his Ferry Tales - he worked to pursue justice including serving summons. He gave of his time and money, asking for nothing in return. He gave credit to others, yet neither expected nor wanted any recognition/reward for himself.

He would walk into a restaurant and the owner and staff would call him by name plus know what he was going to eat. Don thought black, doubled brewed coffee was a basic food group.

Few could say it better.

Requiescat in pace, Don.

My wishes to Don's family in friends for strength and peace.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

God bless him with a special place in heaven. He will be greatly missed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Don and the keeper, as well as many others here welcomed me with open arms (bad joke i know). There wasn't an event that went by where he didn't take a picture of my rear end, claiming to be getting my strong side. Life has kept me from events but I maintained contact with him on Facebook. He was always up for a chat, he messaged me directly with his diagnosis. You couldn't ask for a sweeter man or stronger advocate. Enjoy your rest Don. You've earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    Don and the keeper, as well as many others here welcomed me with open arms (bad joke i know). There wasn't an event that went by where he didn't take a picture of my rear end, claiming to be getting my strong side. Life has kept me from events but I maintained contact with him on Facebook. He was always up for a chat, he messaged me directly with his diagnosis. You couldn't ask for a sweeter man or stronger advocate. Enjoy your rest Don. You've earned it.
    Believe that he also said that married life seemed to agree with you - you made a balanced presentation now.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Believe that he also said that married life seemed to agree with you - you made a balanced presentation now.
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤

Unhappy

Don/Peter, Rest in peace and know you are missed. VA and Open Carry lost a very good ambassador.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Unhappy

We are diminished.

Shocked and saddened

Don was one of my favorite folks in our movement. His was a "take no prisoners" attitude but he could articulate his perspective to anyone willing to listen. My condolences to Zeus and to Jane as I have met them. We have indeed taken a loss.

Please post any arrangements once they are announced.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-26-2016 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Corrected wife's name
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Memorial Service Sunday, May 1st, 2:00 PM

Memorial Service for Don
    Bennett's Funeral Home
    8014 Lee Davis Road
    Mechanicsville, VA 23111
    (804) 746-8665
    Sunday, May 1st, 2:00 pm

Condolences may be sent to:
    Jane Litten
    8294 Burnside Dr.
    Mechanicsville, VA, 23116

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I haven't been around much lately, and this is the first time hearing this sad news. Don was a great man and a true friend to my business. We last spoke a while ago, but now I don't even remember when and what it was about. You will be missed, Don.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Don Litten aka Peter Nap

^Amen..

Brother Don you'll be missed....
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

This is a huge shock to me. I'm at a loss for words. I'm filled with regret that I didn't get to see him one last time before he left us. He was a hell of a curmudgeon, yet one of the kindest souls deep down. He helped me a lot with knowledge and experience. I will forever cherish time spent with him.

My deepest condolences to Don's family...
    Last edited by The Truth; 04-27-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: grief had an effect on my sentence writing
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    This is a huge shock to me. I'm at a loss for words. I'm filled with regret that I didn't get to see him one last time before he left us. He was a hell of a curmudgeon, yet one of the kindest souls deep down. He helped me a lot with knowledge and experience. I will forever cherish time spent with him.

My deepest condolences to Don and his family...
    There is a profound message there.

Never miss a chance to give a smile, say a nice word, or hug and kiss your loved ones. Opportunities wasted are gone forever. Miss that bus and you'll be standing in a cold rain with a pocket full of regrets waiting on a bus that will never come.

The saving grace is that Don knew of the love we all had for him and he appreciated it deeply.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    In lieu of flowers or something useless, will the old GoFundMe page (for Don's medical expenses) still work for a donation?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    In lieu of flowers or something useless, will the old GoFundMe page (for Don's medical expenses) still work for a donation?
    Think there will be an advantage to setting up a fresh account. The reasons for such have changed considerably.

Give us through the end of the week to accomplish this, please.

We are working on a Brunswick stew sale also. User/member sidestreet is ramrodding that - has 79 quarts pre-sold. More info soon.

I have taken the day off work Sunday. Will open carry be allowed at the service? I really wanted to show Don the P220 10mm.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast