• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heard on Rush today

Busdriver

Heard this on Rush today. That Trump gave 25k to Gov. Terry McAuliffe for election. Is this true? From what I read here McAuliff is not pro gun. Would this change your view of Trump for primary vote (today in Ct) or in general election.

WalkingWolf

Heard this on Rush today. That Trump gave 25k to Gov. Terry McAuliffe for election. Is this true? From what I read here McAuliff is not pro gun. Would this change your view of Trump for primary vote (today in Ct) or in general election.

Heard it were, on the internet? Provide a citation and then I might get interested.

Busdriver

He's handed out money to Democratic statewide candidates as well. In 2009, for instance, Trump cut a $25,000 check to former Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe for his unsuccessful 2009 Virginia gubernatorial bid.
This is what I have found other than what I've heard on radio not sure how to cut and paste from radio.
Just want to know if this is enough to sway a vote from Trump.

wrearick

He's handed out money to Democratic statewide candidates as well. In 2009, for instance, Trump cut a $25,000 check to former Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe for his unsuccessful 2009 Virginia gubernatorial bid.
This is what I have found other than what I've heard on radio not sure how to cut and paste from radio.

to who? Hillary?!, Bernie?! Answer....NO. Any of the other republican candidates?......probably not because I don't believe any of them can win against Hillary. JMHO.

jeff_h

I've used the below site to look up donations, no idea if all are captured there... didn't see a $25k for McAuliffe but definite spreads money to each party and various candidates.

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/s...ump&state=&zip=&employ=&cand=&soft=&cycle=All

solus

truly do not care what trump donated to in the past to lower his tax burden...he can fund underwater basket weaving activities in the arctic, doesn't make a rats arse impact on me

i also noticed he hasn't provided funding to candidates since he entered the race in june of 2015!

so as normally the case w/rush...more bluster w/o substance...

ipse

Last edited:

Busdriver

Thanks. I was just trying to decide if his giving money to an anti gun person would change a mind. That's why I asked here in Virginia. I'm surprised you have this governor he would seem more at home here in Ct.
Where is your state headed it seams like he is contradictory to how I think of your state.

WalkingWolf

Trump has admitted he gave in the past to both sides of the isle, so it is pretty much a moot point. He is a business man and that is how business currently interacts with politicians. But if Trump just sticks in your craw please don't post unsubstantiated claims. It pretty much backfires when you do that.

solus

Thanks. I was just trying to decide if his giving money to an anti gun person would change a mind. That's why I asked here in Virginia. I'm surprised you have this governor he would seem more at home here in Ct.
Where is your state headed it seams like he is contradictory to how I think of your state.

sorry, not what you originally posted and since you are new, you might check out the forum polices about attribution to source.

and for the record, quote RUSH: Did you see? Did you see the news story where Trump donated $25,000, maybe it was $50,000 -- it was a lot of money -- to Terry McAuliffe when he ran for governor of Virginia back in 2007? unquote

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/04/26/quick_hits_page

you owe me, as i must now sanitize my computer, the screen, hard drive, and wifi to rid it of the rush residue. :banghead:

ipse

wrearick

Busdriver,
Welcome to Open Carry.org. We are honored that someone who lives in Connecticut would choose to try and stir up stuff here in Virginia with your very first posts. Just a suggestion but you might want to take things a little slower and start closer to home - you might find yourself labeled a troll.

(edit: since Don is no longer here to perform this service, in his memory, I stepped up to the plate - for this post, not looking to try and fill his shoes..we miss you already Mr. Nap!)

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

No. Can't say I've noticed him referring to the source policy: the constitution, the Bill of Rights, original intent.

Just another self-elevated, self-important, self-arrogant demagogue, near as I can tell.

Busdriver

Sorry didn't mean to stir things up. Just trying to educate myself and thought I would get good info. I did. Not a troll but a lurker maybe because I'm trying to find out who each candidate associates with and thought you all might know more about your Gov. Than I. My apologies.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sorry didn't mean to stir things up. Just trying to educate myself and thought I would get good info. I did. Not a troll but a lurker maybe because I'm trying to find out who each candidate associates with and thought you all might know more about your Gov. Than I. My apologies.

Still, good info to know. Thanks for posting it. Of course the right thing to do is vote for a pro-RKBA candidate (a reel one), the Libertarian !