Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Peter Nap's Memorial Service 5/1/16 2.00pm

  1. #1
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233

    Peter Nap's Memorial Service 5/1/16 2.00pm

    Memorial Service for Don Litten
    Bennett's Funeral Home
    8014 Lee Davis Road
    Mechanicsville, VA 23111
    (804) 746-8665
    Sunday, May 1st, 2:00 pm

    Condolences may be sent to:
    Jane Litten
    8294 Burnside Dr.
    Mechanicsville, VA, 23116
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-02-2016 at 05:13 PM. Reason: removed exclamation mark
    JFT 96

    I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

    Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

  2. #2
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233
    I realize that Grapeshot posted this information in the farewell peter nap thread, but I thought it deserves its own thread so people can see a service has been arranged and not risk the possibility they skip over that one post

    Please don't merge until after the service
    JFT 96

    I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

    Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    I realize that Grapeshot posted this information in the farewell peter nap thread, but I thought it deserves its own thread so people can see a service has been arranged and not risk the possibility they skip over that one post

    Please don't merge until after the service
    It does.

    Hope we see a nice turn out to pay our respect to Don and his family.


    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair......" C. Dickens

    "Any man's death diminishes me, Because I am involved in mankind, And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee." J. Donne
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    Sadly, I will be teaching a Utah permit class that day and will be unable to attend. I will surely keep Don, and Jane in my thoughts.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  5. #5
    Regular Member The Wolfhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Henrico, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    697

    Unfortunately

    I too, will be teaching on Sunday.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

  6. #6
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Shall I assume that OC is encouraged?

    Only asking in this thread too so that the answer can be seen in both threads.

    I'm still struggling a bit with this one.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Shall I assume that OC is encouraged?

    Only asking in this thread too so that the answer can be seen in both threads.

    I'm still struggling a bit with this one.
    I think Don would be pleased to see people carrying.

    Do whatever is comfortable to you.

    Carry with discretion - no long guns, please.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-28-2016 at 12:07 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Bumping up.

    The memorial service is tomorrow.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Shall I assume that OC is encouraged?

    Only asking in this thread too so that the answer can be seen in both threads.

    I'm still struggling a bit with this one.
    Don's wife posted to Facebook earlier that to honor his memory, open carry is allowed at the service tomorrow
    JFT 96

    I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

    Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Don's wife posted to Facebook earlier that to honor his memory, open carry is allowed at the service tomorrow
    Properly holstered handguns only, please.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-30-2016 at 09:26 PM. Reason: fixed it
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member speed41ae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    228
    I have been sick since yesterday. I am not sure if I can make the service. Please pass my condolences to Jane if I do not make it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Don's wife posted to Facebook earlier that to honor his memory, open carry is allowed at the service tomorrow
    Perfect.

    Quote Originally Posted by speed41ae View Post
    I have been sick since yesterday. I am not sure if I can make the service. Please pass my condolences to Jane if I do not make it.
    Feel better dude!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    623
    This is a great loss to us all, but especially to his family.

    Even though I never met him face-to-face, I would have been there for him today if I didn't 3000 miles away now. We had our disagreements, but were were brothers-in-arms.
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Absolutely beautiful service, many glowing tributes offered. The room was packed.

    Saw people from near and far - some traveled from NC and Md. Even some "missing persons" showed up. Some laughter and lighter moments, but don't think anyone's eyes escaped losing a considerable amount of moisture.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member t33j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    King George, VA
    Posts
    1,384
    I think it's been about four years since I've seen Don or participated in an OCDO event, so when I read Phillip's email about his passing it was a complete surprise. Thank you all for sharing your stories about Don at the service today; I had forgotten the sense of community among members of this group.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

  16. #16
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213

    Don will be missed

    I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Don will be badly missed, at open carry and VCDL events. He was a fixture at every picnic, Dinner or Lobby Day I attended. May he rest in peace.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •