• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peter Nap's Memorial Service 5/1/16 2.00pm

scouser

Memorial Service for Don Litten
Bennett's Funeral Home
8014 Lee Davis Road
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
(804) 746-8665
Sunday, May 1[SUP]st[/SUP], 2:00 pm

Condolences may be sent to:
Jane Litten
8294 Burnside Dr.
Mechanicsville, VA, 23116

Last edited by a moderator:

scouser

I realize that Grapeshot posted this information in the farewell peter nap thread, but I thought it deserves its own thread so people can see a service has been arranged and not risk the possibility they skip over that one post

Please don't merge until after the service

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I realize that Grapeshot posted this information in the farewell peter nap thread, but I thought it deserves its own thread so people can see a service has been arranged and not risk the possibility they skip over that one post

Please don't merge until after the service
It does.

Hope we see a nice turn out to pay our respect to Don and his family.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair......" C. Dickens

"Any man's death diminishes me, Because I am involved in mankind, And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee." J. Donne

The Truth

Shall I assume that OC is encouraged?

Only asking in this thread too so that the answer can be seen in both threads.

I'm still struggling a bit with this one.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I think Don would be pleased to see people carrying.

Do whatever is comfortable to you.

Carry with discretion - no long guns, please.

Last edited:

scouser

Don's wife posted to Facebook earlier that to honor his memory, open carry is allowed at the service tomorrow

speed41ae

I have been sick since yesterday. I am not sure if I can make the service. Please pass my condolences to Jane if I do not make it.

grylnsmn

This is a great loss to us all, but especially to his family.

Even though I never met him face-to-face, I would have been there for him today if I didn't 3000 miles away now. We had our disagreements, but were were brothers-in-arms.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Absolutely beautiful service, many glowing tributes offered. The room was packed.

Saw people from near and far - some traveled from NC and Md. Even some "missing persons" showed up. Some laughter and lighter moments, but don't think anyone's eyes escaped losing a considerable amount of moisture.

t33j

I think it's been about four years since I've seen Don or participated in an OCDO event, so when I read Phillip's email about his passing it was a complete surprise. Thank you all for sharing your stories about Don at the service today; I had forgotten the sense of community among members of this group.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Don will be missed

I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Don will be badly missed, at open carry and VCDL events. He was a fixture at every picnic, Dinner or Lobby Day I attended. May he rest in peace.