Thread: Steve Wolfson is a lying sack of...

Banned

Steve Wolfson is a lying sack of...

Yet, he has never once prosecuted someone for doing that. Hmmmmmmm...

Steve Wolfson is a GREAT attorney. As a Clark County native, I've watched his career success since he used to advertise on TV.

He's also a really, really great politician. The latter is not a compliment.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Buying guns online eh? He should post those web sites.

Yeah, about that ... there are none.

One should FOIA and common law request for records that he has that would show these fictitious web sites.

A "Half-Truth" in his response.

As most of us already know Steve Wolfson's response was sorta of a "half-truth" when it comes to buying firearms online. But the part of the response he did not mention was that whenever we buy firearms online is that the seller is required to ship it to a FFL dealer to perform the REQUIRED NICS background check before you can actually take possession of the firearm. That's the fun of making statements that are "half-truths." They are not really lying but they are not telling us the entire truth either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu712 View Post
    As most of us already know Steve Wolfson's response was sorta of a "half-truth" when it comes to buying firearms online. But the part of the response he did not mention was that whenever we buy firearms online is that the seller is required to ship it to a FFL dealer to perform the REQUIRED NICS background check before you can actually take possession of the firearm. That's the fun of making statements that are "half-truths." They are not really lying but they are not telling us the entire truth either.
    No, that is an outright LIE on Wolfson's part. Unless you have some sort of Silk Road operation going, you cannot buy a firearm online and skip the background check. You CAN find someone online through "social media" and agree to meet up with them somewhere to complete a transaction. No different than calling someone and arranging the meet. Does that mean you can buy a gun over the telephone and skip the background check?! BAN PHONES!!!

It would be equivalent to saying that FaceBook is "in the business" of selling drugs because druggies and drug dealers use FB to arrange for face-to-face encounters. Hmm, does that mean FB is a "loophole" for the war on drugs?
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu712 View Post
    ...Steve Wolfson's response was sorta of a "half-truth" ...
    Wrong. It was a purposeful intent to deceive from someone who knows the whole truth, the very definition of lying.
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-09-2016 at 08:00 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    ... Hmm, does that mean FB is a "loophole" for the war on drugs?
    Only for the drugs they agree should be lawful to consume.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I have bought a firearm and had it sent to my home. An 1858 Remington (Uberti) revolver and a 45 Colt conversion cylinder. I now have a 45 Colt revolver with no background check. Very simple.

Yes I am being a smart @ss, but it's cool that it can be still be done.