Thread: Two-year-old boy grabs gun, kills mother who was driving

Two-year-old boy grabs gun, kills mother who was driving

Aah! The exact same scenario that occurred in Florida. Folks. When driving with kiddoes keep the gun secured and out of their reach. In this case the mom died. I don't know if it was her legally owned gun or the boyfriend's gun or an illegal gun. The gun was in the back seat. Kid grabs it... bang.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...377258061.html

i know you wanted your own fame and fortune by starting your own thread all by yourself, but you might wish to follow the story here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ck-Seat-of-Her

just saying

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

A completely separate incident in another state

The Op is commenting on an entirely different incident in another state (Wisconsin, not Florida) that just happened yesterday.

Just saying

It was tragic, and the mother may not have even known the fire arm was in the car. But the child probably wasn't secured either.

Tough.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    The Op is commenting on an entirely different incident in another state (Wisconsin, not Florida) that just happened yesterday.

Just saying

It was tragic, and the mother may not have even known the fire arm was in the car. But the child probably wasn't secured either.
    ya and if you read the latest postings in the other thread...it talks about the WI posting since the two are situationally the same...

stupid parent driving & getting shot by child in backseat!! parent didn't know the firearm was there? really?

ipse

repeating myself!!
    Last edited by solus; 04-27-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Deputies found a security officer's gun belt, belonging to Price's boyfriend, on the floor of the front passenger seat, and a .40-caliber gun on the floor of the back seat behind the driver's seat, the release stated.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i know you wanted your own fame and fortune by starting your own thread all by yourself, but you might wish to follow the story here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ck-Seat-of-Her

just saying

ipse
    I posted that story a while back... Yes something's wrong about kids picking up loose guns in cars and playing with it like a toy gun. Now mine is on me all the time in a vehicle ( holstered and secured) even though my kids are grown up. just the thought of the gun lying around in my car is unthinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Deputies found a security officer's gun belt, belonging to Price's boyfriend, on the floor of the front passenger seat, and a .40-caliber gun on the floor of the back seat behind the driver's seat, the release stated.
    Yeah a security officer? Didn't he go through training? Or maybe he was a former cop. Gee... This is fodder for anti gunners who think that guns kill as if they are alive.

Lots of unanswered questions here did the girl friend have permission to use the car, did she know the firearm was in the car.

What was Granma doing while the kid was moving around in the back sit and not in a car seat,what make and model of firearm.

Was the gun left in the holster if so how did it get out of the holster, what make and model of holster

Just to name a few.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 04-27-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    or an illegal gun.
    In Wisconsin what would be an illegal gun?

Or do mean an illegally possessed gun.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 04-27-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    In Wisconsin what would be an illegal gun?

Or do mean an illegally possessed gun.
    Yes. Illegally possessed. But then I should have thought before I wrote. A security officer, the gun has to be a legally possessed Yes and all the other questions you posted.

Firearm Iinstructor...whats the dbl action pull on a 'normal' 40cal semi let's see 9# on the FN; Sig's advertised as 10#?

right a 2yo could handle that while maintaining any type of control of the firearm. (sarcasm)

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Firearm Iinstructor...whats the dbl action pull on a 'normal' 40cal semi let's see 9# on the FN; Sig's advertised as 10#?

right a 2yo could handle that while maintaining any type of control of the firearm. (sarcasm)

ipse
    I am very suspicious of these types of shootings for many reasons. I would be looking at the other adult very close.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 04-27-2016 at 08:47 PM.

News this afternoon said there were no kids car seats in the car at all.

quote:Antonio Price said investigators told him his sister, 26-year-old Patrice Price, was driving with her two sons, ages one and two, on Tuesday when she was shot. Antonio Price said investigators told him the older boy fired the gun. unquote http://fox6now.com/2016/04/26/i-41-incident/

ipse