• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two-year-old boy grabs gun, kills mother who was driving

Yetiman

A completely separate incident in another state

The Op is commenting on an entirely different incident in another state (Wisconsin, not Florida) that just happened yesterday.

Just saying

It was tragic, and the mother may not have even known the fire arm was in the car. But the child probably wasn't secured either.

solus

The Op is commenting on an entirely different incident in another state (Wisconsin, not Florida) that just happened yesterday.

Just saying

It was tragic, and the mother may not have even known the fire arm was in the car. But the child probably wasn't secured either.

ya and if you read the latest postings in the other thread...it talks about the WI posting since the two are situationally the same...

stupid parent driving & getting shot by child in backseat!! parent didn't know the firearm was there? really?

ipse

repeating myself!!

Last edited:

Law abider

i know you wanted your own fame and fortune by starting your own thread all by yourself, but you might wish to follow the story here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Son-After-He-Grabs-Gun-From-Back-Seat-of-Her

just saying

ipse

I posted that story a while back... Yes something's wrong about kids picking up loose guns in cars and playing with it like a toy gun. Now mine is on me all the time in a vehicle ( holstered and secured) even though my kids are grown up. just the thought of the gun lying around in my car is unthinkable.

Law abider

Deputies found a security officer's gun belt, belonging to Price's boyfriend, on the floor of the front passenger seat, and a .40-caliber gun on the floor of the back seat behind the driver's seat, the release stated.

Yeah a security officer? Didn't he go through training? Or maybe he was a former cop. Gee... This is fodder for anti gunners who think that guns kill as if they are alive.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Lots of unanswered questions here did the girl friend have permission to use the car, did she know the firearm was in the car.

What was Granma doing while the kid was moving around in the back sit and not in a car seat,what make and model of firearm.

Was the gun left in the holster if so how did it get out of the holster, what make and model of holster

Just to name a few.

Last edited:

solus

Firearm Iinstructor...whats the dbl action pull on a 'normal' 40cal semi let's see 9# on the FN; Sig's advertised as 10#?

right a 2yo could handle that while maintaining any type of control of the firearm. (sarcasm)

ipse

Firearms Iinstuctor

Firearm Iinstructor...whats the dbl action pull on a 'normal' 40cal semi let's see 9# on the FN; Sig's advertised as 10#?

right a 2yo could handle that while maintaining any type of control of the firearm. (sarcasm)

ipse

I am very suspicious of these types of shootings for many reasons. I would be looking at the other adult very close.

Last edited:

solus

quote:Antonio Price said investigators told him his sister, 26-year-old Patrice Price, was driving with her two sons, ages one and two, on Tuesday when she was shot. Antonio Price said investigators told him the older boy fired the gun. unquote http://fox6now.com/2016/04/26/i-41-incident/

ipse