• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Helping Don Litten's family - Emergency

sidestreet

Folks...,

May 1st was so full of blessings that it's hard to fully fathom at this time, the outpouring of love and honors for our friend and brother Peter Nap and his family, and the message to all of us at his memorial service was most gratifying. There were blessings bestowed that came from the true heart of your brothers and sisters, and now it is up to us to use them as best that we can. If it's one thing that you learn from being around these folk, it's that they are a truly caring sort, have many talents, and the courage to share from their hearts and souls as well as their time and talents.

Thank you all again.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Last edited:

sidestreet

Solus...,

it was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife yesterday, I'm sorry that we didn't have more time to talk, I spent some time down South working on the railroad, i have many, many fond memories of friends and family there, and the cuisine too! Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to come so far and be with the family, and also for your generosity, I am humbled.

sidestreet

sidestreet

Double Tap...,

you're an amazing lady, your natural beauty is overshadowed only by the beauty of your generous heart and soul. I'll say as I have many times before..., that Grapeshot is a blessed man, and thank you again for sharing your love and blessings so generously.

sidestreet

Jeremiiah 29:11-13

solus

it was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife yesterday, I'm sorry that we didn't have more time to talk, I spent some time down South working on the railroad, i have many, many fond memories of friends and family there, and the cuisine too! Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to come so far and be with the family, and also for your generosity, I am humbled.
sidestreet

sidestreet, the pleasure was actually all ours to see who was assisting in such an exemplary manner...however, i do want you to know i am mad at ya cuz i have the tune(s) i've been working on the railroad & the eyes of texas medleys now running concurrently in my mind...sigh...:shocker:

look forward to saying hello under better circumstances in the near future.

ipse

added, and who is dinah in the kitchen with...?

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
the early hours are usually the most physical, and more relief is needed then because until the chunks of potato start to break down and some of the edges start to round off its sort of like stirring blocks of wood in big bowl. A couple of years ago, it was only me and a 70 year old member of the church there to do it, and it dang near killed us until some help showed up an hour and half later!!! It can be a back breaker without good help, but this group proves themselves over and over again, and it seems that we will have a number of folks to be there @ 5, so thank you Tess, for whenever you'd like to be with us!!!

sidestreet

Well, if 5 is when I'm needed, 5 is when I'll be there. See you then.

sidestreet

That's a tremendous gesture,Tess…,

Well, if 5 is when I'm needed, 5 is when I'll be there. See you then.

Thank you for your willingness to travel so far on a crazy, crazy road at such an ungodly hour to be with us and help. Once again, I am humbled.

sidestreet

solus

she is and always has been quite a unique individual...:monkey

(hey tess don't look at me that way...i said individual not character) :uhoh:

ipse

sidestreet

Ahhh, very clever, Grape…,

Answer- all of Don Litten's friends.

clever indeed, and oh so true!!! I wish I'd though off that first!!! Good on ya'. By the way folks 98 quarts pressed now!

sidestreet

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped By the way folks 98 quarts pressed now!
Virtually at the halfway mark already.
icon14.png

sidestreet

Va.tazdad put us at the century mark tis morning…,

100 qts. sold!!!

sidestreet

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Add one more quart for me = five + the one for Skidmark which I will deliver.

Now I have to figure out how to send one of these to the state of Washington - yes, I'm serious.

sidestreet

Okay!

Add one more quart for me = five + the one for Skidmark which I will deliver.

Now I have to figure out how to send one of these to the state of Washington - yes, I'm serious.

Make that 101 qts. pre-sold!!!

sidestreet

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Inside or outside facilities for preparation and cooking? Trying to determine how to dress.