• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Helping Don Litten's family - Emergency

sidestreet

We will be using the fellowship hall...,

Inside or outside facilities for preparation and cooking? Trying to determine how to dress.

Indoor facility for chopping Friday night, setting up the pot just outside the hall same night, supposed to be raining, using inside and outside both days, nice set up actually.

Warning!!! Shorts are allowed but we are not responsible for radiation burns caused by close proximity to heat source or splash scalding, be governed accordingly!!!

p.s. 115 qts. pre sold now!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless

Last edited:

sidestreet

Crunch time, folks...,

Time to get your stew on!!! All systems are go for launch, we will roll out the juggernaut tonight and ready the fuel. Prepare to have your spirits lifted!!!

120 qts. pre sold now!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

We are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Add one more quart for me = five + the one for Skidmark which I will deliver.

Now I have to figure out how to send one of these to the state of Washington - yes, I'm serious.

Oh by the way,,, I am the quart that will come to Washington..
Many thanks to Grapeshot for finding a way to make that happen.
I did send a donation for the Litten family, and wish them well,
I will miss Don,, Peter Nap..
I thank Sidestreet,,, and all the folks Helping to make this stew,
A wonderful thing to do to honor our lost Best friend....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Many hands did indeed make light work, thanks to the abundance of volunteers. No better or tighter group than this one.

All is in readiness for tomorrows cooking and dispensing. Don't forget to stop by and pick up your order (and pay) - there is no real practical ability to store it.

Had an interesting conversation with a gentleman named Bob who indicated that he led the stew preparation for some number of years. He thanked me for carrying (OC) and said it would be a good thing if more people did that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The verdict is in!

Best darn Brunswick Stew that I have ever tasted.

Fantastic! An epicurean delight!

Now wish I had reserved more. Next time, I will.

Attachments

• 0514160554.jpg
    0514160554.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member

There was a little left after reservations. Did you get some extra?

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, Grapeshot. Good to see you again.

To all -- thank you for a wonderful day!

DoubleTap

WOW, mmmm.....the best!!

:) JC sure worked hard stirring that pot of the most delicious Brunswick Stew.

attachment.php

Thanks for everything you do!!

DoubleTap

Last edited:

scouser

:) JC sure worked hard stirring that pot of the most delicious Brunswick Stew.

attachment.php

Thanks for everything you do!!

DoubleTap

When I left Friday evening (only slightly behind everyone else as I had to deal with the consequences of all the Canada Dry I'd drank before heading home), his was the only car in the parking lot, and it was the only one there when I rolled up Saturday morning (just seconds ahead of peter nap's daughter and Keeper). Wish I could have stayed the entire shift today, let me know of the next time it's being made.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When I left Friday evening (only slightly behind everyone else as I had to deal with the consequences of all the Canada Dry I'd drank before heading home), his was the only car in the parking lot, and it was the only one there when I rolled up Saturday morning (just seconds ahead of peter nap's daughter and Keeper). Wish I could have stayed the entire shift today, let me know of the next time it's being made.

It would be a false premise to think he left - he didn't!

sleeping-bag-xxl.png

Tanner

Jc worked himself ragged, and off of little to no sleep. Your drive is impressive, your generosity is great, your heart is big, and your friendship is priceless. No doubt we are all lucky to have called Don a friend. Don is lucky to have called Jc a friend, as are we all. The compassion and love in which you do these things is humbling and inspiring. Thank you for all that you have done/did/will do.