• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maybe women will have to reg. for selective service..

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
If you pay your taxes you are serving the nation.

Being productive is serving the nation.

Those who call for compulsory service are anti-liberty.

A. See chart. Many pay little in taxes

B. Many are not productive, but are absorbent

C. Active Federal Service should never be "mandatory". Volunteer, and gain voting privilege and access to Federal benefits. Your choice, Participate in your Country or sit back and watch.

This, People, is all fantasy and will not be put into effect any time soon. Too many on the .gov dole to rock the apple cart. I first read Heinlens book in 1960. Good book, bad movie.

!!!.jpg

Last edited:

OC for ME

A. See chart. Many pay little in taxes
Payroll tax, state tax, sales tax, property/personal property tax, ect.. Not paying a federal income tax is a poor indicator of a citizen's contribution, or lack thereof.

B. Many are not productive, but are absorbent
94 million plus are not participating in the workforce, they may have in the past. If they are now "absorbent" should their voting privilege be revoked/suspended until they are productive again? The Carrier AC manufacturing employees come to mind?

C. Active Federal Service should never be "mandatory". Volunteer, and gain voting privilege and access to Federal benefits. Your choice, Participate in your Country or sit back and watch.
I have a relative who is now retired, receives disability from his duty in Vietnam + social security (.gov dole), and is not productive, other than engaging in individual daily commerce.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Ya know...some folks, even after reading the info at the site you linked to, your point will continue to elude them.

...good one ;)

I guess I'm one of them. I read (but did not thoroughly peruse) the whole thing. It was about the movie being very, very unfaithful to the book. I agree. What am I missing?

utbagpiper

Banned
You're not paying the income tax nor is your earnings the subject of the income tax.

Also, why is the rule requiring the citation of law always ignored when the income tax issue comes up?

My apologies for failing to ask for a citation when you asserted a fact of law. (I haven't made any assertion. You volunteered an assertion of law regarding income taxes.)

Please provide the citation (preferably a cite more precise than to 10+ pages of code) to back up your assertion that my regular wages are not subject to income tax.

Thank you.

Charles

Freedom1Man

My apologies for failing to ask for a citation when you asserted a fact of law. (I haven't made any assertion. You volunteered an assertion of law regarding income taxes.)

Please provide the citation (preferably a cite more precise than to 10+ pages of code) to back up your assertion that my regular wages are not subject to income tax.

Thank you.

Charles
I cannot provide a negative. I assert that there is no law making my earnings the subject of the law, I have already linked to an educational video that steps through the law.

I have also linked to the law repeatedly, it is all there for those who are legally literate.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk