Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: dgu monroe; white center; other

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162

    dgu monroe; white center; other

    http://www.kiro7.com/news/north-soun...nroe/248190526

    http://q13fox.com/2016/03/13/machete...tomer-at-7-11/

    plus various other incidents never reported because bg did not begin or continue his attack.

    z

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47º 12’ x W122º 10’
    Posts
    1,761
    Yeah? So?

  3. #3
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    What is your point Zaitz? You seem to be starting a lot of threads on these forums with little to no point intended.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    What is your point Zaitz? You seem to be starting a lot of threads on these forums with little to no point intended.
    I read the local news on the major websites every day and I read the national news on most websites several days a week. Some people don't read the news. For those who don't read the news, I figure that they would enjoy reading the dgu story.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Bill45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    160
    What is dgu?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    What is dgu?
    among those who argue about the benefits of gun ownership by ordinary citizens in society, dgu is short for defensive gun use.

    The woman in Monroe who shot the attacker who had stabbed her husband is an example of dgu.

    Here is an interesting reddit, a reddit for dgu

    https://www.reddit.com/r/dgu
    Last edited by zaitz; 04-30-2016 at 06:06 AM.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,605
    If one does not articulate their point, then the thread is........pointless.

    DGU isn't in common usage here. OTOH GSL or Guns SAVE Lives is.

    Unless a post of this nature is state specific and discussed as such, it likely belongs in the sub-forum True Tales of Self Defense.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,151
    Invented jargon reduces the signal to noise of word salad.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47º 12’ x W122º 10’
    Posts
    1,761
    In other words, you're spamming. That's what Facebook is for.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    If one does not articulate their point, then the thread is........pointless.

    DGU isn't in common usage here. OTOH GSL or Guns SAVE Lives is.

    Unless a post of this nature is state specific and discussed as such, it likely belongs in the sub-forum True Tales of Self Defense.
    I am not sure if you have studied rhetoric, read Aristotle or the arguments of Jesus as found in the New Testament . . .

    but

    so far as concerns the teachers of rhetoric, from Aristotle to the present, it is or was believed that, in many situations, letting the listener draw his own conclusion from certain stories and evidence is has a more powerful effect than the speaker stating it directly.

    There is Aristotle, there is Jesus as depicted in the New Testament using rhetorical principles of Aristotle, and there is Grapeshot.

    Between the three of them, I know not which to choose.

  11. #11
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    darn, and i just ran out of BSA caramel popcorn...

    holde that thought grape...just a sec while i run out and get something to munch on...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,605
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitz View Post
    --snipped--

    There is Aristotle, there is Jesus as depicted in the New Testament using rhetorical principles of Aristotle, and there is Grapeshot.

    Between the three of them, I know not which to choose.
    When on OCDO (private property w/rules), the choice should have been obvious. You do however win the consolation prize.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-30-2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: fixed it
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    When on OCDO (private property w/rules), the choice should have been obvious. You do however win the consolation prize.
    It is about time!
    I will NOT miss that guy...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  14. #14
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    It is about time!
    I will NOT miss that guy...
    Good riddance. I have to agree with a previous poster, it felt like spam postings from Zaitz. Moving on.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Bill45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    160
    We have to many acronyms as it is. The only reason to invent new ones is to confuse and obfuscate. Stick to plain English.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    FYI -- dgu has been around for a long time ... the OP did not invent it. You guys need to get up to speed and read moar.

  17. #17
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    FYI -- dgu has been around for a long time ... the OP did not invent it. You guys need to get up to speed and read moar.
    seems this is true,,, I saw dgu and after thinking,,, I asked,,, soooo now I know.
    maybe I could have just read MOAR,,, but I took the easy way out.
    Sooo now, even though I dont read MOAR,,, but I do read a lot,,, I may write
    dgu some times,,, and I think all you folks should JGUTI....





    Just Get Use To It.....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  18. #18
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitz View Post
    I am not sure if you have studied rhetoric, read Aristotle or the arguments of Jesus as found in the New Testament . . .

    but

    so far as concerns the teachers of rhetoric, from Aristotle to the present, it is or was believed that, in many situations, letting the listener draw his own conclusion from certain stories and evidence is has a more powerful effect than the speaker stating it directly.

    There is Aristotle, there is Jesus as depicted in the New Testament using rhetorical principles of Aristotle, and there is Grapeshot.

    Between the three of them, I know not which to choose.
    I'm not so sure you'd be happy with the conclusions drawn by many after reading some of your posts. Just curious, do you get out much?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,151
    zaitz zaitz is offline
    Banned
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    We have to many acronyms as it is. The only reason to invent new ones is to confuse and obfuscate. Stick to plain English.
    We (FAA) have actually been directed to tone down generating more acronyms. When the directors/managers/etc. have to consult an acronym dictionary, it's time to slow things down a little.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245a defender View Post
    seems this is true,,, i saw dgu and after thinking,,, i asked,,, soooo now i know.
    Maybe i could have just read moar,,, but i took the easy way out.
    Sooo now, even though i dont read moar,,, but i do read a lot,,, i may write
    dgu some times,,, and i think all you folks should jguti....





    Just get use to it.....
    tts !

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    When on OCDO (private property w/rules), the choice should have been obvious. You do however win the consolation prize.
    Who won the steak knives?


  23. #23
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Who won the steak knives?

    Z, a knife aficionado, would have liked that...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  24. #24
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Z, a knife aficionado, would have liked that...

    ipse

    Did you know that in Seattle "steak knives" can be considered "dangerous weapons". They fall under the prohibition of "any fixed blade knife or any length".

    If you win a set, just don't get caught carrying them home or to your favorite restaurant
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •