• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

dgu monroe; white center; other

zaitz

Banned
What is your point Zaitz? You seem to be starting a lot of threads on these forums with little to no point intended.

I read the local news on the major websites every day and I read the national news on most websites several days a week. Some people don't read the news. For those who don't read the news, I figure that they would enjoy reading the dgu story.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If one does not articulate their point, then the thread is........pointless.

DGU isn't in common usage here. OTOH GSL or Guns SAVE Lives is.

Unless a post of this nature is state specific and discussed as such, it likely belongs in the sub-forum True Tales of Self Defense.

zaitz

Banned
If one does not articulate their point, then the thread is........pointless.

DGU isn't in common usage here. OTOH GSL or Guns SAVE Lives is.

Unless a post of this nature is state specific and discussed as such, it likely belongs in the sub-forum True Tales of Self Defense.

I am not sure if you have studied rhetoric, read Aristotle or the arguments of Jesus as found in the New Testament . . .

but

so far as concerns the teachers of rhetoric, from Aristotle to the present, it is or was believed that, in many situations, letting the listener draw his own conclusion from certain stories and evidence is has a more powerful effect than the speaker stating it directly.

There is Aristotle, there is Jesus as depicted in the New Testament using rhetorical principles of Aristotle, and there is Grapeshot.

Between the three of them, I know not which to choose.

solus

darn, and i just ran out of BSA caramel popcorn...

holde that thought grape...just a sec while i run out and get something to munch on...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

There is Aristotle, there is Jesus as depicted in the New Testament using rhetorical principles of Aristotle, and there is Grapeshot.

When on OCDO (private property w/rules), the choice should have been obvious. You do however win the consolation prize.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

FYI -- dgu has been around for a long time ... the OP did not invent it. You guys need to get up to speed and read moar.

seems this is true,,, I saw dgu and after thinking,,, I asked,,, soooo now I know.
maybe I could have just read MOAR,,, but I took the easy way out.
Sooo now, even though I dont read MOAR,,, but I do read a lot,,, I may write
dgu some times,,, and I think all you folks should JGUTI....

Just Get Use To It.....

amlevin

I am not sure if you have studied rhetoric, read Aristotle or the arguments of Jesus as found in the New Testament . . .

but

so far as concerns the teachers of rhetoric, from Aristotle to the present, it is or was believed that, in many situations, letting the listener draw his own conclusion from certain stories and evidence is has a more powerful effect than the speaker stating it directly.

I'm not so sure you'd be happy with the conclusions drawn by many after reading some of your posts. Just curious, do you get out much?

Griz

We have to many acronyms as it is. The only reason to invent new ones is to confuse and obfuscate. Stick to plain English.

We (FAA) have actually been directed to tone down generating more acronyms. When the directors/managers/etc. have to consult an acronym dictionary, it's time to slow things down a little.

davidmcbeth

Banned
seems this is true,,, i saw dgu and after thinking,,, i asked,,, soooo now i know.
Maybe i could have just read moar,,, but i took the easy way out.
Sooo now, even though i dont read moar,,, but i do read a lot,,, i may write
dgu some times,,, and i think all you folks should jguti....

Just get use to it.....

tts !