Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: KSRA Alert **Urgent***

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    367

    KSRA Alert **Urgent***

    Dear KSRA Members and Other Interested Parties:

    ***URGENT CALL TO ACTION***
    Time is short in the session so if action is not taken all of the KSRA legislation will die this year
    We are asking you to call or email TODAY the office of Senator Ralph Ostmeyer, Chairman of the Senate Federal & State Affairs committee and politely yet boldly request he stop holding up House Substitute for SB 65 and bring it to the floor of the House so it can be referred to a conference committee with the Senate. You can find the contact information for Senator Ostmeyer below, as well as a breakdown of the bill.

    Senator Ralph Ostmeyer
    Phone: 785-296-7399
    Email: Ralph.Ostmeyer@senate.ks.gov

    House Sub for SB 65
    • Would allow public employees to carry concealed on the job outside of their workplace and in municipally owned vehicles.
    • Would allow for the partial securing of state and municipal buildings.
    • Would provide that a person who can legally possess a firearm may carry a concealed handgun in all state and municipal buildings and public areas where statutorily-defined adequate security measures are not in place.
    • Includes the language of the BB/air gun bill, HB 2468, which would prohibit unified school districts from banning BB/air gun clubs, associations, or competitions on their properties.
    • Contains provisions from HB 2591, and would make it easier for active duty military members who are Kansas residents but are stationed in another state to apply for their concealed carry license without having to physically return to the state of Kansas.
    • Includes the provisions of SB 421 otherwise known as the "Wichita Fast Pass" bill which would allow for authorized persons who are not employees of the state or municipality to enter state or municipal buildings through restricted access points if they fulfill the criteria set out in the language of the bill.
    http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b201...65_03_0000.pdf







    DONATE TO THE KSRA PAC AND HELP BUILD FUNDS
    FOR THE 2016 ELECTION!

    EVERY DOLLAR MAKES A DIFFERENCE SO WE CAN BE
    SUCCESSFUL PROMOTING PRO SECOND AMENDMENT LEGISLATORS!

    2016 WILL BE ANOTHER VERY DIFFICULT YEAR WITH MANY CANDIDATES OPPOSING OUR PRO SECOND AMENDMENT LEGISLATORS! EVERY MEMBER OF BOTH THE KANSAS HOUSE AND KANSAS SENATE WILL BE UP FOR REELECTION AND IT IS A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR. YOUR DONATIONS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER!

    *MEMBER BENEFITS*
    Receive the official color news magazine Chips 'n' Ricochets
    Eligible to purchase from CMP
    Discount on Bushnell Purchases
    Representation in the Kansas Legislature
    Legislative Email Alerts

    All members are invited to the Annual Meeting held in various cities
    around the state and given early preference for ticket purchases.

    BUY OR RENEW A MEMBERSHIP

    This organization is only as strong as its membership
    and we need you on the battle field fighting with us.
    ________________________________________

    Bushnell has announced it is now offering its VIP Purchase Program to members of
    the Kansas State Rifle Association. Members can take advantage of discounts up to 50% off
    of MSRP at either of Bushnell's retail outlets in Lenexa, KS or Lee's Summit, MO. Proof
    of KSRA membership is required and the discount is exclusive to in-store purchases.
    For more information, please contact the Lenexa store at 913-310-0783 or Lee's Summit
    at 816-525-2220. Reference Walt Whitaker.








    USE THIS LINK FOR KANSAS
    VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION

    VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION


    USE THIS LINK TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR
    KANSAS STATE LEGISLATORS ARE:

    OPEN KANSAS
    USE THIS LINK TO GO TO THE KANSAS LEGISLATURE WEBSITE:
    KANSAS LEGISLATURE
    USE THESE LINKS TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR
    FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES & SENATORS ARE:
    U. S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

    U.S. SENATE

    To send letters to the White House:

    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20500

    To Call the Capitol Switchboard in Washington D.C.
    (202) 225-3121

    To Call The White House
    (202) 456-1414


    Kansas State Rifle Association, PO Box 219, Bonner Springs, KS 66012
    SafeUnsubscribe™ etmcintosh@cox.net

    Forward this email | Update Profile | About our service provider

    Sent by info@ksraweb.org in collaboration with




    Try it free today

  2. #2
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,869
    you know OP, to hear nothing from mid February when you started waving the flag to contact the legislators about SB 65 as it is 'time sensitive' to over sixty+ days later where you are jumping up and down as the issue is now 'urgent' and in crisis mode.

    some operate under a concept that 'A lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.'

    tho the plug for money was nicely done!!

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    367

    Message was for people of Kansas to respond

    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    you know OP, to hear nothing from mid February when you started waving the flag to contact the legislators about SB 65 as it is 'time sensitive' to over sixty+ days later where you are jumping up and down as the issue is now 'urgent' and in crisis mode.

    some operate under a concept that 'A lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.'

    tho the plug for money was nicely done!!

    ipse
    Solus,

    This message was not intended for you. You live in North Carolina. The urgency was for people who reside in Kansas.

    I will continue to post in the Kansas forum any and all legislative information that applies to our state. For those of us who are in the state capital working and fighting daily to expand 2nd Amendment rights we need help from time to time motivating our legislators to vote or not hold up important grass roots work. Many times issues are time sensitive that is how is works in politics.

    For those of you that did email or respond to the KSRA’s appeal for help Thank you! The Senator in question did let our combined bills go to conference committee to be worked by both houses and he wouldn’t have done that without a friendly reminder from the people of Kansas how important our bills are to our constituent’s.

    I’ll keep everyone informed.

    Marine0300

  4. #4
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,869
    Quote Originally Posted by marine0300 View Post
    Solus,

    This message was not intended for you. You live in North Carolina. The urgency was for people who reside in Kansas.

    I will continue to post in the Kansas forum any and all legislative information that applies to our state. For those of us who are in the state capital working and fighting daily to expand 2nd Amendment rights we need help from time to time motivating our legislators to vote or not hold up important grass roots work. Many times issues are time sensitive that is how is works in politics.

    For those of you that did email or respond to the KSRA’s appeal for help Thank you! The Senator in question did let our combined bills go to conference committee to be worked by both houses and he wouldn’t have done that without a friendly reminder from the people of Kansas how important our bills are to our constituent’s.

    I’ll keep everyone informed.

    Marine0300
    once again the local egotistical mentality runs rampant...

    do you truly believe your legislators are quick enough to discern where the 15 or so emails I sent asking for their support on the substitution bill of the substitution started in 2015 came from?

    play martyr, tho the role doesn't suit you as your perspective of 'i am the only one who can do this' will be your downfall.

    based on the success of the LGBT campaign and the gains they have made is such a short period of time, i have steadfastly supported a nationwide push from everyone yet folk of your elk believe only your narrowly focused group can succeed w/o outside assistance. did i mention you bill is olde.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    once again the local egotistical mentality runs rampant...

    do you truly believe your legislators are quick enough to discern where the 15 or so emails I sent asking for their support on the substitution bill of the substitution started in 2015 came from?

    play martyr, tho the role doesn't suit you as your perspective of 'i am the only one who can do this' will be your downfall.

    based on the success of the LGBT campaign and the gains they have made is such a short period of time, i have steadfastly supported a nationwide push from everyone yet folk of your elk believe only your narrowly focused group can succeed w/o outside assistance. did i mention you bill is olde.

    ipse

    Solus,

    Your way off base and are taking things way to personally.

    Thank you for sending the emails in support our legislation!

    Have a great Sunday!

    Marine0300

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by marine0300 View Post
    Solus,

    This message was not intended for you. You live in North Carolina. The urgency was for people who reside in Kansas.

    I will continue to post in the Kansas forum any and all legislative information that applies to our state. For those of us who are in the state capital working and fighting daily to expand 2nd Amendment rights we need help from time to time motivating our legislators to vote or not hold up important grass roots work. Many times issues are time sensitive that is how is works in politics.

    For those of you that did email or respond to the KSRA’s appeal for help Thank you! The Senator in question did let our combined bills go to conference committee to be worked by both houses and he wouldn’t have done that without a friendly reminder from the people of Kansas how important our bills are to our constituent’s.

    I’ll keep everyone informed.

    Marine0300
    Or for people who travel or visit Kansas too ? Or might travel or visit through?

    Its the nature of the legislative process ..... meeting, then wait wait wait, then hurry hurry hurry.

    Then get disappointed that a anti-right law was passed; then understand that the law is void anyway -- whew! dodged that bullet ~ just like the Zodiac Killer...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-01-2016 at 12:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Or for people who travel or visit Kansas too ? Or might travel or visit through?

    Its the nature of the legislative process ..... meeting, then wait wait wait, then hurry hurry hurry.

    Then get disappointed that a anti-right law was passed; then understand that the law is void anyway -- whew! dodged that bullet ~ just like the Zodiac Killer...
    Your right I agree with your statement.
    Last edited by marine0300; 05-01-2016 at 01:03 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    367

    Bill Passed both houses & is headed to the Governor's office

    SB 65 turned into HB 2502 in Committee and now has passed both the Senate & House and is headed to our A++++ 2nd Amendment Governor Brownback for his expected signature.

    Thank you to all who sent email mails! It really did help.


    Summary for HB 2502 (the gun bill)

    -Would allow public employees with the to carry concealed on the job outside of their workplace and in municipally owned vehicles.

    -Would allow for the partial securing of state and municipal buildings.

    -Would provide that a person who can legally possess a firearm may carry a concealed handgun in all state and municipal buildings and public areas where statutorily-defined adequate security measures are not in place.

    -Includes the language of the BB/air gun bill, HB 2468, which would prohibit unified school districts from banning BB/air gun clubs, associations, or competitions on their properties.

    -Contains provisions from HB 2591, and would make it easier for active duty military members who are Kansas residents but are stationed in another state to apply for their concealed carry license without having to physically return to the state of Kansas.

    -Includes the provisions of SB 421 otherwise known as the “Wichita Fast Pass” bill which would allow for authorized persons who are not employees of the state or municipality to enter state or municipal buildings through restricted access points if they fulfill the criteria set out in the language of the bill.

    **Note: There was a change that was made concerning school districts. The concern was teachers carrying on field trips so they exempted school districts from the definition of public employee. This amendment/change was made by Rep. James Todd in conference committee. The KSRA is not in agreement with this change.

    http://kslegislature.org/…/docume…/c..._01_050116.pdf

    http://kslegislature.org/…/docum…/cc...502_s_4374.pdf

  9. #9
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by marine0300 View Post
    SB 65 turned into HB 2502 in Committee and now has passed both the Senate & House and is headed to our A++++ 2nd Amendment Governor Brownback for his expected signature.

    Thank you to all who sent email mails! It really did help.


    Summary for HB 2502 (the gun bill)

    -Would allow public employees with the to carry concealed on the job outside of their workplace and in municipally owned vehicles.

    -Would allow for the partial securing of state and municipal buildings.

    -Would provide that a person who can legally possess a firearm may carry a concealed handgun in all state and municipal buildings and public areas where statutorily-defined adequate security measures are not in place.

    -Includes the language of the BB/air gun bill, HB 2468, which would prohibit unified school districts from banning BB/air gun clubs, associations, or competitions on their properties.

    -Contains provisions from HB 2591, and would make it easier for active duty military members who are Kansas residents but are stationed in another state to apply for their concealed carry license without having to physically return to the state of Kansas.

    -Includes the provisions of SB 421 otherwise known as the “Wichita Fast Pass” bill which would allow for authorized persons who are not employees of the state or municipality to enter state or municipal buildings through restricted access points if they fulfill the criteria set out in the language of the bill.

    **Note: There was a change that was made concerning school districts. The concern was teachers carrying on field trips so they exempted school districts from the definition of public employee. ...
    I see concealed carry. OC?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  10. #10
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,869
    Quote Originally Posted by marine0300 View Post
    Solus,

    This message was not intended for you. You live in North Carolina. The urgency was for people who reside in Kansas.

    I will continue to post in the Kansas forum any and all legislative information that applies to our state. For those of us who are in the state capital working and fighting daily to expand 2nd Amendment rights we need help from time to time motivating our legislators to vote or not hold up important grass roots work. Many times issues are time sensitive that is how is works in politics.

    For those of you that did email or respond to the KSRA’s appeal for help Thank you! The Senator in question did let our combined bills go to conference committee to be worked by both houses and he wouldn’t have done that without a friendly reminder from the people of Kansas how important our bills are to our constituent’s.

    I’ll keep everyone informed.

    Marine0300
    Quote Originally Posted by marine0300 View Post
    Solus,

    Your way off base and are taking things way to personally.

    Thank you for sending the emails in support our legislation!

    Have a great Sunday!

    Marine0300
    let's define taking things personally shall we, especially on your use of the word I!!

    further, i can of course, even from the great state of NC, how a 65+day window between notifications might fit your perception of 'time sensitive' !! (sarcasm off)

    my statement stands...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Special rules for public/gov't employees ... hooray?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •