Thread: The SIXTH (more or less) Annual Whatcom County Chapter Picnic of 2016

The SIXTH (more or less) Annual Whatcom County Chapter Picnic of 2016

Whatcom County Chapter of Washington Open Carry will be holding our Sixth Annual Family Picnic

Please come to Bloedel Donovan Park in Bellingham, Washington for the Sixth Annual OC picnic. A beautiful family setting, not far from downtown, at 2214 Electric Avenue. The picnic will start at eleven AM, Saturday, 16 July, 2016 and go on until we tire. BBQ stations will be cooking Hot Dogs, Burgers, and ribs. Bring something to share and spend some time with us.

Safety classes, firearm storage classes, and a few local speakers again this year, and prizes too. Bring the kids, pets must be “on leash”.
    Well holstered firearms are encouraged, but not required. Unsafe acts will not be tolerated.

WHO:Open to all open carriers and their families or friends.

WHEN:16 JULY 2016 from 11:00 (aye em) until we tire

WHERE:Bloedel Donovan Park. A lovely waterfront setting, centrally located in Bellingham. Easy access to interstate five makes getting into and out of the area easy.

UNSAFE ACTS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

https://www.cob.org/services/recreat...ovan-park.aspx
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 04-29-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I missed last year, but I'm going to try to make it up there this year. Fun!

Expect to see my ugly mug there, I am gonna venture out of Snohomish for once.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    Thats great!!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Thats great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    Yeah, I will remember to not eat first.

[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Got some of the supplies for the food I will be cooking on site.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

We seem to be getting quite a bit of positive about our picnic on the sixteenth. The number of people this year may be huge. The word is out, The People can go armed.

Those OCDO people who will be coming are requested to "observe" the visitors. We may need a tad of "security" in case we are visited by the violence that is abounding this political season. Thank you

We seem to be getting quite a bit of positive about our picnic on the sixteenth. The number of people this year may be huge. The word is out, The People can go armed.

Those OCDO people who will be coming are requested to "observe" the visitors. We may need a tad of "security" in case we are visited by the violence that is abounding this political season. Thank you
    I have been telling people about it.
    Got a big can of chili this time.
    Going to makr the cornbread "from scratch" rather than the instant stuff from last year.

And need to get the cake mix for the cobbler still though.

COMING AT YOU THIS WEEKEND, 16 JULY, 2016, COME VISIT BELLINGHAM AND SPEND TIME WITH LIKE MINDED PARTICIPANTS.

The Sixth Annual Whatcom County OC picnic. As stated, festivities will begin at noon. Come on up and spend some Family time.

COMING AT YOU THIS WEEKEND, 16 JULY, 2016, COME VISIT BELLINGHAM AND SPEND TIME WITH LIKE MINDED PARTICIPANTS.

The Sixth Annual Whatcom County OC picnic. As stated, festivities will begin at noon. Come on up and spend some Family time.
    Why the change from 11am to noon?

My Dad should be there with me, we'll be hitting the Lynden gun show beforehand and join everyone at the BBQ on the way home.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Question What food can I bring?

Can I come Cowboy style or look like everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Why the change from 11am to noon?

That was just for you. Everyone else will be here at eleven. Not really, start time is flexible, come when you will.

Quote Originally Posted by phoneguy View Post
    Can I come Cowboy style or look like everyone else?
    Cowboy is good, this is a rural area.

Was a great time.
    Glad that the food I made was enjoyed.

MSG Laigaie put on a great class.

What a great time. We had over a hundred people, most open carrying. Food was good and plentiful, and safety classes went great. Lots of prizes and everyone enjoyed them.
    We did not break up until seven. Quick breakdown and out of town

What a great time. We had over a hundred people, most open carrying. Food was good and plentiful, and safety classes went great. Lots of prizes and everyone enjoyed them.
    We did not break up until seven. Quick breakdown and out of town
    I attended - carrying - and enjoyed the safety presentations. When you get past the 4 rules (which are great, by the way) I would recommend many repeats of the first rule when talking about cleaning the weapon or practicing drawing from the holster or other similar situations. I don't think it can be over emphasized. Other than that it was very enjoyable. Thank you.

What is the expected date if this year's event?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Looking like 15 July 2017 for the Seventh Annual picnic. We will be doing the B'ham Pride fest Sunday the 8th.

Looking like 15 July 2017 for the Seventh Annual picnic. We will be doing the B'ham Pride fest Sunday the 8th.
    Thank you, I will put in for the day off, asap.