Thread: 80yr old lady shoots intruder - yeah, he's dead

Banned

80yr old lady shoots intruder - yeah, he's dead

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...s-her-husband/

Calls 911 afterwards ... smart lady not wasting time calling 911 and waiting for the coroner.

Made the news all the way over here in MI.

http://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/im...kills-intruder

The shooting remains under investigation, said Shari Ireton, a spokeswoman for the Snohomish County Sheriff. It has not yet been sent to the prosecuting attorney, who would decide whether to file charges.
    Are they kidding? Who the hell is the idiot running that prosecutors office??
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post

Well the SA or DA has not seen anything yet....they are busy with actual cases. The sheriff may decide to not pursue it further.

State Researcher
    Maybe not an idiot. It may be that all cases involving homicide have to be screened by the prosecutor's office to make a formal determination as to whether the homicide was justified or not. In fact, I would hope that is the case. The cops who investigate ought to provide their findings. But when it comes to officially deciding whether a homicide was justified or not, I'd rather have an elected district/county attorney making the finding than an unelected police officer.

From the media report it sounds open and shut. But since there is a dead body, it might be worth making sure the dead guy wasn't invited over by the couple, assaulted by the husband, who got stabbed in self defense, before the wife finished off the poor victim with the handgun and then claimed it was a home invasion.

Far fetched? Sure.

But since there is a dead person, some minimal level of investigation ought to be conducted before declaring the homicide justified.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Light a candle for poor Steven

http://gunmemorial.org/2016/04/28/steven-n-sheppard
    Yes poor Steven he is a victim of gun violence/
    Last edited by phoneguy; 12-15-2016 at 09:22 PM.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneguy View Post
    http://gunmemorial.org/2016/04/28/steven-n-sheppard
    Yes poor Steven he is a victim of gun violence/
    Are you kidding me!?!?!? They even cite the source of the photo as the story about the home invasion and still have the gall to claim this guy is the victim of "gun violence?"

Well, yes. He did die from "gun violence." But unless the prosecutor has determined something to contrary, it sounds like fully justified, necessary gun violence. Don't like being killed by gun violence at the hands of law-abiding home owners? Don't invade others' homes.

Wow. Utterly shameless.

And also priceless. Bookmark that one for the next time some gun grabbing troll prattles on about how many are killed by "gun violence."

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    Are you kidding me!?!?!? They even cite the source of the photo as the story about the home invasion and still have the gall to claim this guy is the victim of "gun violence?"

Well, yes. He did die from "gun violence." But unless the prosecutor has determined something to contrary, it sounds like fully justified, necessary gun violence. Don't like being killed by gun violence at the hands of law-abiding home owners? Don't invade others' homes.

Wow. Utterly shameless.

And also priceless. Bookmark that one for the next time some gun grabbing troll prattles on about how many are killed by "gun violence."

Charles
    mate, for once in a long time, we agree on a subject.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I'm reserving judgement on this one until we find out whether David was trying to turn his life around and make something of himself.

I am reminded of Pore Jud Is Daid from the musical Oklahoma:
    http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/o/o...d_is_daid.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Same one who charged me with interfering with the duties of a police officer. I was walking along a road while OC a pistol on my leg. Had Sno co Sheriff Officers stop me and demand my ID. I asked them to show me the law requiring me to HAVE ID at all.

There is an old thread.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Same one who charged me with interfering with the duties of a police officer. I was walking along a road while OC a pistol on my leg. Had Sno co Sheriff Officers stop me and demand my ID. I asked them to show me the law requiring me to HAVE ID at all.

There is an old thread.

Unless they can articulate reasonable suspicion that they feel you committed a crime or are about to commit a crime, never show ID.. Ask if you are being detained, if not, walk away, if they say yes, plead the 5th and ask for an attorney.. Costume clowns trying to exert authority over a law abiding citizens, only thing worst than a tyrant is an ignorant tyrant..

Good job Sir!

Regards
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Unless they can articulate reasonable suspicion that they feel you committed a crime or are about to commit a crime, never show ID.. Ask if you are being detained, if not, walk away, if they say yes, plead the 5th and ask for an attorney.. Costume clowns Officers trying to exert authority over a law abiding citizens, only thing worst than a tyrant is an ignorant tyrant..

Good job Sir!

Regards
    FIFY.

Remember Forum Rule #6 please.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    FIFY.

Remember Forum Rule #6 please.
    My apology Grape and also to all you fine LEOS here. However when I hear of government actors attempting to violate a law abiding citizen it gets my irish blood boiling.. I shall endeavor to exercise much more restrain..

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post

There is an old thread.

FYI ... for Connecticut ..

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2015/rpt/pdf/2015-R-0140.pdf OLR report

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/Docum...mentNo=8953633

^ memo of the court ^^^ commie judge decision

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2015/act/pa/p...B-07027-PA.pdf

^^ 2015 law passed by legislature clarifying the actual law that was in place already that Police Dept.s here want to interpret to mean that they can harass OCers
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-18-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Unless they can articulate reasonable suspicion that they feel you committed a crime or are about to commit a crime, never show ID.. Ask if you are being detained, if not, walk away, if they say yes, plead the 5th and ask for an attorney.. Costume clowns trying to exert authority over a law abiding citizens, only thing worst than a tyrant is an ignorant tyrant..

Good job Sir!

Regards
    Walking away would have gotten me shot.
    I did explain to them that they didn't have probable cause.
    Their only "probable cause" was 3 911 calls reporting that a man was walking down the road with a pistol strapped to his leg.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)