• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

80yr old lady shoots intruder - yeah, he's dead

DeSchaine

utbagpiper

Banned
Are they kidding? Who the hell is the idiot running that prosecutors office??

Maybe not an idiot. It may be that all cases involving homicide have to be screened by the prosecutor's office to make a formal determination as to whether the homicide was justified or not. In fact, I would hope that is the case. The cops who investigate ought to provide their findings. But when it comes to officially deciding whether a homicide was justified or not, I'd rather have an elected district/county attorney making the finding than an unelected police officer.

From the media report it sounds open and shut. But since there is a dead body, it might be worth making sure the dead guy wasn't invited over by the couple, assaulted by the husband, who got stabbed in self defense, before the wife finished off the poor victim with the handgun and then claimed it was a home invasion.

Far fetched? Sure.

But since there is a dead person, some minimal level of investigation ought to be conducted before declaring the homicide justified.

Charles

utbagpiper

Banned
http://gunmemorial.org/2016/04/28/steven-n-sheppard
Yes poor Steven he is a victim of gun violence/

Are you kidding me!?!?!? They even cite the source of the photo as the story about the home invasion and still have the gall to claim this guy is the victim of "gun violence?"

Well, yes. He did die from "gun violence." But unless the prosecutor has determined something to contrary, it sounds like fully justified, necessary gun violence. Don't like being killed by gun violence at the hands of law-abiding home owners? Don't invade others' homes.

Wow. Utterly shameless.

And also priceless. Bookmark that one for the next time some gun grabbing troll prattles on about how many are killed by "gun violence."

Charles

solus

Are you kidding me!?!?!? They even cite the source of the photo as the story about the home invasion and still have the gall to claim this guy is the victim of "gun violence?"

Well, yes. He did die from "gun violence." But unless the prosecutor has determined something to contrary, it sounds like fully justified, necessary gun violence. Don't like being killed by gun violence at the hands of law-abiding home owners? Don't invade others' homes.

Wow. Utterly shameless.

And also priceless. Bookmark that one for the next time some gun grabbing troll prattles on about how many are killed by "gun violence."

Charles

mate, for once in a long time, we agree on a subject.

ipse

Freedom1Man

Made the news all the way over here in MI.

http://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/im-not-just-the-typical-granny-80-year-old-shoots-kills-intruder

Are they kidding? Who the hell is the idiot running that prosecutors office??
Same one who charged me with interfering with the duties of a police officer. I was walking along a road while OC a pistol on my leg. Had Sno co Sheriff Officers stop me and demand my ID. I asked them to show me the law requiring me to HAVE ID at all.

There is an old thread.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

countryclubjoe

Same one who charged me with interfering with the duties of a police officer. I was walking along a road while OC a pistol on my leg. Had Sno co Sheriff Officers stop me and demand my ID. I asked them to show me the law requiring me to HAVE ID at all.

There is an old thread.

Unless they can articulate reasonable suspicion that they feel you committed a crime or are about to commit a crime, never show ID.. Ask if you are being detained, if not, walk away, if they say yes, plead the 5th and ask for an attorney.. Costume clowns trying to exert authority over a law abiding citizens, only thing worst than a tyrant is an ignorant tyrant..

Good job Sir!

Regards

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Unless they can articulate reasonable suspicion that they feel you committed a crime or are about to commit a crime, never show ID.. Ask if you are being detained, if not, walk away, if they say yes, plead the 5th and ask for an attorney.. [strike]Costume clowns[/strike] Officers trying to exert authority over a law abiding citizens, only thing worst than a tyrant is an ignorant tyrant..

Good job Sir!

Regards

FIFY.

Remember Forum Rule #6 please.

davidmcbeth

Banned

There is an old thread.

FYI ... for Connecticut ..

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2015/rpt/pdf/2015-R-0140.pdf OLR report

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=8953633

^ memo of the court ^^^ commie judge decision

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2015/act/pa/pdf/2015PA-00216-R00HB-07027-PA.pdf

^^ 2015 law passed by legislature clarifying the actual law that was in place already that Police Dept.s here want to interpret to mean that they can harass OCers

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Unless they can articulate reasonable suspicion that they feel you committed a crime or are about to commit a crime, never show ID.. Ask if you are being detained, if not, walk away, if they say yes, plead the 5th and ask for an attorney.. Costume clowns trying to exert authority over a law abiding citizens, only thing worst than a tyrant is an ignorant tyrant..

Good job Sir!

Regards

Walking away would have gotten me shot.
I did explain to them that they didn't have probable cause.
Their only "probable cause" was 3 911 calls reporting that a man was walking down the road with a pistol strapped to his leg.