Thread: CCer shoots guy in church

Banned

CCer shoots guy in church

https://www.yahoo.com/news/seat-disp...101319355.html

What an idiot ...

A Pennsylvania man who opened fire on and killed another worshiper in front of a congregation last Sunday at a Montgomery County church has been charged with manslaughter.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-01-2016 at 10:12 PM. Reason: modified title

Ohhh great another LEO wannabe with a CCW badge.

Next chapter Sonny Crockett wannabe goes to prison. Maybe he can find a convict badge online.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Thought they were all there to be closer to god. He helped the other guy get to meeting first.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Ohhh great another LEO wannabe with a CCW badge.

At the risk of making a personal attack on the accused, yes, indeed, a pretend cop legend in his own mind. Yes, the deceased was clearly arrestworthy for disorderly conduct. Either the deceased was having a very, very bad morning or the world is a better place without him in it.
    No, the accused isn't Judge Dredd and cannot convict and execute him on the spot.

He quarreled with and cursed at an usher when he entered the church. Church staff tried unsuccessfully to calm him down in the back of the church before he walked to a pew and sat down. A church member sitting behind him leaned forward, tapped him on the shoulder, and tried to inform him that the seat was reserved.

Braxton responded angrily, cursing at the church member, forbidding him to touch him.

According to court documents, Braxton snarled at the church member, saying, “Don’t f****** touch me.”

After an assistant pastor and ushers had tried to calm Braxton, Storms walked up to him, and according to witnesses, showed Braxton his Concealed Weapons Permit badge to indicate that he was carrying a weapon.
    Last edited by taxman; 05-01-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Yep, those sane. sober, law abiding, checked out seven ways from Sunday, CCers. I've long said religion has been the cause of more deaths than any other. The blood isn't in the streets, after all. In other news..........

This should be a teaching point in the CC classes: If you can't get cooperation without the threat of shooting, keep still. Creating a disturbance should have consequences, but not necessarily terminal ones.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/seat-disp...101319355.html

What an idiot ...
    "A Pennsylvania man who opened fire on and killed another worshiper in front of a congregation last Sunday at a Montgomery County church has been charged with manslaughter."
    Original title " CCer shoots guy in church for not vacating a seat in a pew ...." is not justified - no details known at present support that.

Also this is state specific, so moved to the PA sub-forum.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

More info it seems. The room temperature guy [Braxton] seems to have escalated the situation...with bravado.

A female witness told police Braxton said "F--- you and your fake badge, get the f--- out of here" to Storms when he showed off the gold marker.

Another church member, a man, told investigators Storms brandished his gun, to which, Braxton replied, "That's not a real gun."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...377465671.html
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Where did this idea come from that ALL conceal carry license holders are law abiding citizens or have good judgement skills?

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Where did this idea come from that ALL conceal carry license holders are law abiding citizens or have good judgement skills?
    ...uh, that's easy...CCers.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Paul Valone, GRNC. He made the statement here on this very site.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    So, we have met the enemy and he is us.

Gun toters are presumptively good people. Yet, we know that we can't fix stupid. There will always be ammo for the opposition.

And as long as the opposition can sell objects as being evil and its elimination will stop evil doers, the fight will never end. What is that, don't let a good crisis go to waste.

the one and only owner, er, president of GRNC, stated in late 2012 in the gold standard thread, quote: GRNC is promoting the image of North Carolina concealed handgun permit-holders -- certified sane, sober and law abiding... unquote

quite a stink if i remember correctly...most of his kind folks left this forum during the dying smoldering embers and moved to the free flowing NC gun owners forum.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

So, we have met the enemy and he is us.

Gun toters are presumptively good people. Yet, we know that we can't fix stupid. There will always be ammo for the opposition.

And as long as the opposition can sell objects as being evil and its elimination will stop evil doers, the fight will never end. What is that, don't let a good crisis go to waste.
    shades of orwell:

quote: “So long as they (the Proles) continued to work and breed, their other activities were without importance. Left to themselves, like cattle turned loose upon the plains of Argentina, they had reverted to a style of life that appeared to be natural to them, a sort of ancestral pattern...Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult.” unquote.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain