Thread: Hidden Camera Carry Investigation by WWMT

Hidden Camera Carry Investigation by WWMT

So, Wed. night at 11 pm, WWMT News 3 from Kalamazoo will air an I-Team hidden camera investigation concerning the carry of firearms. For those that don't get that particular channel (lucky you!) they will of course post the report on their website after it airs.

Their teaser page: http://wwmt.com/news/local/preview-carry-controversy

Note that it doesn't say anything about open or concealed, so we really have no idea what they'll be doing. It's WWMT though, so I don't expect much in the way of real journalism.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

OK, so ..... no follow up?

I just checked the WWMT News 3 website, no video or anything posted yet.
    Last edited by OC4me; 05-05-2016 at 11:39 AM.

I had a family issue last night, so I didn't get to see it. And, like OC, I checked their website and it's not on there yet.

"I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Of course WWMT would find a way to screw it up. Those idiots could fail the afternoon nap. Pratt is apparently a moron too... he needs to suck it up and deal with it.

Sheriff Fuller.... I OC here in this county every damn day. It's not "too soon." It's long past time for people to stand up and show that they are able and willing to defend themselves in bad situations. If he doesn't support that, then it's time for a new Sheriff.

Banned
    Koles said after discussing the matter with Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller, they decided it is still too soon after the mass shootings in Kalamazoo, and have put the report on hold. - See more at: http://wbch.com/news/252066#sthash.NY15OdGZ.dpuf

so much for freedom of the press, eh?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

From the link above.
    “I’m not against guns, or open carry,” Pratt said, “but to have someone in Dar Leaf’s position to do that when there are 4,000 students from 60 school districts in town for the Jazz Festival is just a stupid decision." “In this day and age, it is disrespectful to anyone who lives or visits here, as well as the students. For the sheriff to push his political agenda at the expense of the students by promoting open carry with 4,000 of them in town is not acceptable.”
    - See more at: http://wbch.com/news/252066#sthash.AQ1lLVVY.dpuf
    What, please, is the expense to the students?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

It is very thoughtful of them to look out for the publics feelings. Goodness gracious that they would air a piece about guns after such a terrible tragedy. They are, after all, the ones who know what's best for the little people of their kingdom.....or rather, their community. That's why they were elected and all. They are the wisest of the wise.

Here's and Idea. How about y'all send them your own video of your daily open carry activities. I am sure they would appreciate unbiased footage of true open carry experiences. No big camera guy following you around to taint the reactions of all those frightened people they say occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Of course WWMT would find a way to screw it up. Those idiots could fail the afternoon nap. Pratt is apparently a moron too... he needs to suck it up and deal with it.

Sheriff Fuller.... I OC here in this county every damn day. It's not "too soon." It's long past time for people to stand up and show that they are able and willing to defend themselves in bad situations. If he doesn't support that, then it's time for a new Sheriff.
    Fuller and his undersheriff are big antis. They need to go! If you see Ward Lawrence's name anywhere on the ticket (even undersheriff) vote for him. He teaches CPL classes and about as pro gun as you can get.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Obviously, the reason they 'tabled' the report was because nothing happened.....zzzzz.

Nobody fricking cared that a citizen was OCing, as it should be and is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Fuller and his undersheriff are big antis. They need to go! If you see Ward Lawrence's name anywhere on the ticket (even undersheriff) vote for him. He teaches CPL classes and about as pro gun as you can get.
    Well, he clearly believes that the gov't can require CPL classes to carry ... not "as pro gun" as I am....