• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington,DC to Get First Range, Gun Store

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They should assume that 96% of their "customers" are filming them for an exposé.

Rusty Young Man

They should assume that 96% of their "customers" are filming them for an exposé.

Yep. :(

"No sir/ma'am, we don't carry any assault rifles, since assault rifles must be capable of fully-automatic fire per the US Army's own definitions, and have already been HEAVILY regulated since 1934 and the onerous restrictions further tightened in 1986. You may be able to head down to your local PD, army base or armory and ask to see one in action.

Following up on that, we also do not carry any 'military grade' firearms, since any rifle not capable of fully-automatic fire would never be issued to our young servicemen.

What we DO have are sporting rifles, which are semi-automatic and function identically to millions of pistols and revolvers owned by US Citizens, which means they require one pull of the trigger for every round fired.

Likewise, we do not carry any 'assault weapons', since that is a vague and incorrect term that only encompasses items that have been used to assault a person, and none of these firearms has been used by an evil doer to assault anyone.

Now, what else may I help you with?" ;)

Shovelhead

As DC law currently prohibits anyone who has jumped through all the widgets to have a DC legal firearm and has no carry permit from possessing/transporting a firearm outside of their residence, I'm curious exactly HOW one is supposed to get their firearm to the range. (And don't even THINK about bringing one in from outside the city.....)
Or will the DC PoPo just park outside the range and confiscate all the now illegally transported firearms from the newly created "criminals".
Then there's the ammunition...

Last edited:

beebobby

Baby steps guys. Baby steps. And some folks thought Pres. Obama was going to come for their guns. Meh.