Thread: Superior student arrested for having guns in his vehicle

Superior student arrested for having guns in his vehicle

SUPERIOR -- Having been found with unloaded guns in his car leads to the arrest of a 17-year-old Superior High School student.

Ok Ok. Positivists want more gun control. Obummer is set to close show loopholes etc... But this kid brought unloaded guns to school. Where did he get them? I don't have the details. How many executive actions and or federal laws do we need? None of them will stop the use of stolen or illegally possessed guns. I hope his parents were not negligent.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    SUPERIOR -- Having been found with unloaded guns in his car leads to the arrest of a 17-year-old Superior High School student.

Ok Ok. Positivists want more gun control. Obummer is set to close show loopholes etc... But this kid brought unloaded guns to school. Where did he get them? I don't have the details. How many executive actions and or federal laws do we need? None of them will stop the use of stolen or illegally possessed guns. I hope his parents were not negligent.
    You did not provide a link - my search found such an incident as described in Minnesota.

http://wnmtradio.com/news/articles/2016/apr/29/superior-high-school-student-arrested-for-firearms-in-vehicle/

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/f404a02665b4446480148e69b6372ddb/WI--School-Guns-Wisconsin

Moving the thread there.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-03-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added & fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    You did not provide a link - my search found such an incident as described in Minnesota.

http://wnmtradio.com/news/articles/2...ms-in-vehicle/

Moving the thread there.
    Byline - "SUPERIOR, WI (KDAL)"
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Byline - "SUPERIOR, WI (KDAL)"
    Oooops!

Moving it back to where it belongs - Wisconsin
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    I see nothing wrong here .... who here does?

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Violation of federal, State, and possibly local gun laws is a problem even if we believe those laws are unconstitutional, counterproductive, inconvenient, or just plain stupid.

You might consider wording your posts in such a way that they cannot so easily be interpreted to suggest a disregard for laws nor encouraging others to violate laws.

From the rules of the forum:

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    Back before the National GFSZ law was enacted, with State level GFSZ laws following, I and many others at my high school routinely had firearms and ammo in our vehicles in the high school parking lot. It wasn't uncommon for kids to do a little hunting after school. Several kids' families had farms or ranches and their pickups were working vehicles where one simply kept a gun in the truck along with a shovel and other basic tools. No law nor school policy against it at my high school back then. And never any ill intent on the part of those who had guns in their vehicles.

The reported incident gives no indication of whether this was an innocent mistake by a kid with no ill intentions, or something more nefarious.

But in either case, much as we may dislike GFSZ laws, they are the law, and gun owners cannot lay claim to being "law abiding" unless we abide the law.

If this was an innocent mistake with no ill intentions, then the a felony with lifetime loss of rights seems very excessive and we should hope for some appropriate discretion somewhere in the system. But I note that if the incident was innocent, being arrested suggests discretion may be lacking.

Charles
    Last edited by utbagpiper; 05-03-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

What would he do if he needed the gun? It wasn't loaded!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    What would he do if he needed the gun? It wasn't loaded!
    Currently, I see no evidence that the items were in fact firearms. What I see are simple legal conclusions.

i find it interesting nobody has mentioned or asked:
    1. who found the firearms? school official(s) or 'resource officer' ?
    2. how were they found ~ someone in authority walked by glanced thru the window and said, 'oh lookie guns in billy bo's back seat!' or consentsual search? or someone bragged about them to the wrong 'friend'? or?

something is not being told about this incident...and that should bother use all as we make our proclamations!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Currently, I see no evidence that the items were in fact firearms. What I see are simple legal conclusions.
    "Several firearms were found uncased in the back seat."
    http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...Guns-Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i find it interesting nobody has mentioned or asked:
    1. who found the firearms? school official(s) or 'resource officer' ?
    2. how were they found ~ someone in authority walked by glanced thru the window and said, 'oh lookie guns in billy bo's back seat!' or consentsual search? or someone bragged about them to the wrong 'friend'? or?

something is not being told about this incident...and that should bother use all as we make our proclamations!!

ipse
    Many schools have someone who walks through the parking lot observing/looking to keep everything kosher.

"Several firearms were found uncased in the back seat."
    http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...Guns-Wisconsin
    Wis. did away with the need for a case a couple of years ago. That statement is just stroking the anti gun fire.

It is turkey season in Wis.

All these laws violates the Wis. constitution on bearing arms. let alone the 2nd. But as we have seen in the past the courts have been unwilling to up hold both.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

UPDATE!! Charged with Under Age Possession, Class A misdemeanor.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/new...school-grounds.

Went looking for a name to search within WCCA, but found only this.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The student made an initial appearance Monday in Douglas County Circuit Court. He faces one count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18, a class A misdemeanor

Interesting well have to wait to see how this unfolds
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Sorry Grape. I cut and pasted but it did not happen as I can see today!

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    Violation of federal, State, and possibly local gun laws is a problem even if we believe those laws are unconstitutional, counterproductive, inconvenient, or just plain stupid.

You might consider wording your posts in such a way that they cannot so easily be interpreted to suggest a disregard for laws nor encouraging others to violate laws.

From the rules of the forum:

Back before the National GFSZ law was enacted, with State level GFSZ laws following, I and many others at my high school routinely had firearms and ammo in our vehicles in the high school parking lot. It wasn't uncommon for kids to do a little hunting after school. Several kids' families had farms or ranches and their pickups were working vehicles where one simply kept a gun in the truck along with a shovel and other basic tools. No law nor school policy against it at my high school back then. And never any ill intent on the part of those who had guns in their vehicles.

The reported incident gives no indication of whether this was an innocent mistake by a kid with no ill intentions, or something more nefarious.

But in either case, much as we may dislike GFSZ laws, they are the law, and gun owners cannot lay claim to being "law abiding" unless we abide the law.

If this was an innocent mistake with no ill intentions, then the a felony with lifetime loss of rights seems very excessive and we should hope for some appropriate discretion somewhere in the system. But I note that if the incident was innocent, being arrested suggests discretion may be lacking.

Charles
    I agree!!

The student made an initial appearance Monday in Douglas County Circuit Court. He faces one count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18, a class A misdemeanor...
    Was he in his car at the time the guns were found in his car? I'm willing to bet he's in trouble for admitting to something. Caveat: I've not perused the articles.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Something that none of the articles say is whether or not the student was a Hunter Safety grad. If he was, then the ONLY violation is that they were on the grounds uncased. If the judge had any brains he'd toss the case and give the kid a very stern ass chewing, to follow up the one he most certainly got from his father.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Something that none of the articles say is whether or not the student was a Hunter Safety grad. If he was, then the ONLY violation is that they were on the grounds uncased. If the judge had any brains he'd toss the case and give the kid a very stern ass chewing, to follow up the one he most certainly got from his father.
    If I was the judge I'd give the prosecutor a stern lecture in our RKBA .