Thread: Doctors more worried about your gun than them killing you ! 3rd cause of death=Dr.

Banned

Doctors more worried about your gun than them killing you ! 3rd cause of death=Dr.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...united-states/

Researchers: Medical errors now third leading cause of death in United States

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...united-states/

Researchers: Medical errors now third leading cause of death in United States
    Didn't see anything about guns in the link. Article does seem to indicate that despite paying more than most other countries for healthcare per capita, healthcare reform is necessary.

1. while there is no mention of firearms in the article i am sure that is why this was posted in the social lounge...
    2. if upon completion of reading the article, you came away with the conclusion healthcare needs reforming...hummm

yes, david but the full BMJ article was quite interesting but their data was used was almost 20 years olde & yes that was the author(s) point of after the 1999 study no forward progress has been made to track deaths caused by malpractice activities by medical personnel.

that stated, we have citizens in our society bringing lawsuits against Quaker Oats for false advertising the term 'natural'; you have our congress wanting to open the flood gates to allow foreign nationals and sovereign nations the ability to bring lawsuits against our citizens; you have huge amounts of $$$$ being awarded to private citizens for using talcum powder in their genital regions; and the list goes on...

do you really want to see malpractice insurance skyrocket as they try to keep up with emotionalized malpractice lawsuits cuz the beloved 85 year old died on the table from open heart triple bypass the family authorized but the 85 wasn't even viable to survive in the first place??

only ppl who are going to benefit are the nice attorneys as they collect their fee(s).

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Didn't see anything about guns in the link. Article does seem to indicate that despite paying more than most other countries for healthcare per capita, healthcare reform is necessary.
    Really? Did you sleep through the threads about doctor surveys asking whether there was a gun in the home? Did you really need an explicit link to figure out what the OPer was talking about?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Really? Did you sleep through the threads about doctor surveys asking whether there was a gun in the home? Did you really need an explicit link to figure out what the OPer was talking about?
    Do not feed the troll...especially a liberal troll.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    My mistake. I thought we were referring to the link in this thread.