• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doctors more worried about your gun than them killing you ! 3rd cause of death=Dr.

solus

1. while there is no mention of firearms in the article i am sure that is why this was posted in the social lounge...
2. if upon completion of reading the article, you came away with the conclusion healthcare needs reforming...hummm

yes, david but the full BMJ article was quite interesting but their data was used was almost 20 years olde & yes that was the author(s) point of after the 1999 study no forward progress has been made to track deaths caused by malpractice activities by medical personnel.

that stated, we have citizens in our society bringing lawsuits against Quaker Oats for false advertising the term 'natural'; you have our congress wanting to open the flood gates to allow foreign nationals and sovereign nations the ability to bring lawsuits against our citizens; you have huge amounts of $$$$ being awarded to private citizens for using talcum powder in their genital regions; and the list goes on...

do you really want to see malpractice insurance skyrocket as they try to keep up with emotionalized malpractice lawsuits cuz the beloved 85 year old died on the table from open heart triple bypass the family authorized but the 85 wasn't even viable to survive in the first place??

only ppl who are going to benefit are the nice attorneys as they collect their fee(s).

ipse

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Didn't see anything about guns in the link. Article does seem to indicate that despite paying more than most other countries for healthcare per capita, healthcare reform is necessary.

Really? Did you sleep through the threads about doctor surveys asking whether there was a gun in the home? Did you really need an explicit link to figure out what the OPer was talking about?

beebobby

Really? Did you sleep through the threads about doctor surveys asking whether there was a gun in the home? Did you really need an explicit link to figure out what the OPer was talking about?

My mistake. I thought we were referring to the link in this thread.