Thread: Lysander Spooner University

Lysander Spooner University

About
    Lysander Spooner was one of the greatest writers, thinkers, entrepreneurs and activists of the nineteenth century. Now your dreams can take flight under His name and visage!

We are launched!
    Lysander Spooner University
    113 Lake Drive East
    Livingston, MT 59047
    (406) 224-3105
    LysanderSpoonerU@gmail.com

http://lysanderspooneruniversity.com/

[Founder Roger I.] Roots, who could not be reached for comment, ran as a Libertarian candidate for secretary of state in 2012, placing third in the three-way race. His website said he has both juris doctor and doctorate degrees and is a criminologist, legal scholar and civil liberties activist.

He is an advocate for the fully informed jury movement. Under that theory, a jury can acquit a criminal defendant if jurors disagree with the law or believe it shouldn’t be applied in that particular case.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/mis...9bb2963f4.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-04-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    --snipped--
    Roots, who could not be reached for comment, ran as a Libertarian candidate for secretary of state in 2012, placing third in the three-way race. His website said he has both juris doctor and doctorate degrees and is a criminologist, legal scholar and civil liberties activist.

He is an advocate for the fully informed jury movement. Under that theory, a jury can acquit a criminal defendant if jurors disagree with the law or believe it shouldn’t be applied in that particular case.
    Nullification.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-04-2016 at 08:59 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Well, someone is excited about Libertarian supported ideas....do we have a convert.

Don't worry, it doesn't hurt.

Another Infowars site?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare