Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: Virginia permit now accepted in Nevada!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49

    Virginia permit now accepted in Nevada!

    Gamble away!

  2. #2
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213

    Cite to back up statement.

    Cite please! If you are saying Nevada is now accepting Virginias CHP.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    519
    Almost 12 hours and nobody comments??? This is great news and hopefully the first of several states to recognize VA permits in the wake of the governor's "deal", which seems to have been more of a "deal" for gun owners than gun controllers. Great news. Official, too. Here's the link to the NV site:
    http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdn...2004-29-16.pdf
    The document is dated June 23, 2015, but note the revision date of 04/29/2016.

    HandGunLaw.us also has noted the change.
    Last edited by markand; 05-05-2016 at 06:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Activist Member swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    984
    here is the updated list from NV DPS.
    Last edited by swinokur; 05-08-2016 at 07:57 AM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Hooray, one permission slip is acknowledged by another state. The OP is excited about that ... I guess its OK for him to be excited.

    But he should be working to eliminate the permission slip "needs" all together.

    Hail Hydra !

    Happy mothers day for those members and readers who are moms ! (except for those evil mommies)

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Revised 4/29/16, Virginia and South Dakota (Enhanced) just added to Nevada's recognition list:

    http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdn...2004-29-16.pdf

    EDIT: Oops, I somehow missed that this was already posted.
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-08-2016 at 06:38 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49

    Virginia permit now accepted in Nevada!

    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hooray, one permission slip is acknowledged by another state. The OP is excited about that ... I guess its OK for him to be excited.

    But he should be working to eliminate the permission slip "needs" all together.

    Hail Hydra !

    Happy mothers day for those members and readers who are moms ! (except for those evil mommies)
    Hell yeah I'm excited! The more places I can legally carry the better.

    I need need a legal permission slip for the right to drive and prove I'm married as well. As much as I'm for 2A I don't mind requiring a permit.
    Last edited by mkatzpp; 05-09-2016 at 07:40 AM.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    Hell yeah I'm excited! The more places I can legally carry the better.

    I need need a legal permission slip for the right to drive and prove I'm married as well. As much as I'm for 2A I don't mind requiring a permit.
    You have anti-tendencies ... just an observation. You don't have the right to drive....you have the right to travel.

    And why do you want gun permits? You're already married...why should you care?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You have anti-tendencies ... just an observation. You don't have the right to drive....you have the right to travel.

    And why do you want gun permits? You're already married...why should you care?
    Why don't I have the right to drive? Shouldn't I?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    Why don't I have the right to drive? Shouldn't I?
    No you do not ... if you did then your would not need a license to drive.

    Really, learn what a right is w/o taking it from a gov't source.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    No you do not ... if you did then your would not need a license to drive.

    Really, learn what a right is w/o taking it from a gov't source.
    I don't understand why I don't have that right? Why do I need a permit to drive?

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,885
    MK, would you like a bit of help removing that fishnet you just got snared in??

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    MK, would you like a bit of help removing that fishnet you just got snared in??

    ipse
    Not at all. I'm waiting for a response.

  14. #14
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    What he's saying is driving is not a right, and I would agree. You have to be licensed to drive, and the right to drive is not enumerated in any official document that I know of. You have the right to TRAVEL, but that's not the same thing.

    On the other hand, you do have the right to bear arms. It's explicitly stated in the 2A...yet some states require a permit to carry. Doesn't seem right now, does it?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    What he's saying is driving is not a right, and I would agree. You have to be licensed to drive, and the right to drive is not enumerated in any official document that I know of. You have the right to TRAVEL, but that's not the same thing.

    On the other hand, you do have the right to bear arms. It's explicitly stated in the 2A...yet some states require a permit to carry. Doesn't seem right now, does it?

    He doesn't need you to make his case for him, especially a short sighted one.

    Seems abs right to me. Driving isn't a right because it didn't exist. There are inherent dangers and risks involved with driving so one must pass several tests. I feel those same things should exist with firearms.

    It's pathetic that someone who has never touched a firearm can go buy one and just legally open carry it. Even though they don't know how to take it apart, clear a jam, aim properly, or keep their finger off the trigger. Not to mention mental illness, bad eyesight, seizure disorder, or numerous other issues people might have that should prevent them from carrying. So yeah, I'm in favor of a permitting process.


    It's fairly ridiculous someone with zero training could be spraying a supermarket because he can't control a gun enough to hit a bad guy.

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    ...It's fairly ridiculous someone with zero training could be spraying a supermarket because he can't control a gun enough to hit a bad guy.
    What level of training do NYPD police officers receive?

    Firearms training should be in public school, the same place as all other universally-needed training.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  17. #17
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    He doesn't need you to make his case for him, snipp...

    It's fairly ridiculous someone with zero training could be spraying a supermarket because he can't control a gun enough to hit a bad guy.
    your right Mac702 doesn't as you say 'need anybody's assistance to make his case' for him...but thought you might feel more comfortable doing some lite reading...

    http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/justic...tate-shooting/

    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/c...ing-inv/nnWKr/

    while in our society's quest to save the almighty dollar within the educational system, the citizens have allowed administrators to remove PE, Art, and other curriculum the administrator(s) decided were 'non-essential'. therefore, to put any type of shooting sports activities back the citizens must convince society's other citizens they are worthwhile and worth the expenditure. the antis, legislatures, etc., would not stand for it.

    even the nation's BSA, 4H, etc., shooting sports program's activities are fading due to lack of parental approval and flat out lack of interest from those who would participate in the programs.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  18. #18
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    He doesn't need you to make his case for him, especially a short sighted one.

    Seems abs right to me. Driving isn't a right because it didn't exist. There are inherent dangers and risks involved with driving so one must pass several tests. I feel those same things should exist with firearms.

    It's pathetic that someone who has never touched a firearm can go buy one and just legally open carry it. Even though they don't know how to take it apart, clear a jam, aim properly, or keep their finger off the trigger. Not to mention mental illness, bad eyesight, seizure disorder, or numerous other issues people might have that should prevent them from carrying. So yeah, I'm in favor of a permitting process.


    It's fairly ridiculous someone with zero training could be spraying a supermarket because he can't control a gun enough to hit a bad guy.
    ^^^ Emphasis mine.

    And the standard for CHP is "SO" much more here in VA? (Rhetorical)
    Pass approved course that doesn't require knowing the law, knowing how to use a firearm or qualify with the firearm.

    One large agency’s officers scored a gunfight hit rate of just 11 percent during a ten year period.
    Their Academy Commander summed it up perfectly: “My officers get a hundred hours of firearms training in the academy and quarterly qualifications thereafter, but are hitting at the same rate as felons with no formal training? We should save all the ammunition, because our training program seems to be worthless!”
    https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...ng-for-police/




    Please dismount off your high horse!
    Last edited by Marco; 05-11-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49

    Virginia permit now accepted in Nevada!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ^^^ Emphasis mine.

    And the standard for CHP is "SO" much more here in VA? (Rhetorical)
    Pass approved course that doesn't require knowing the law, knowing how to use a firearm or qualify with the firearm.
    Please dismount off your high horse.
    No, you dismount your *** **** horse.

    This wasn't about the Virginia permitting system, it was about requiring permits in general for a God given right.

    To which my response is (if you learned how to comprehend), permits should be required because, in general, carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility, akin to driving a car.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-11-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: unacceptable verbiage

  20. #20
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    Hell yeah I'm excited! The more places I can legally carry the better.

    I need need a legal permission slip for the right to drive and prove I'm married as well. As much as I'm for 2A I don't mind requiring a permit.
    Emphasis mine^^^


    NV is a permit less open carry state, and this is an open carry forum.
    FYI, prior to this law change you could have legally carried in NV.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Emphasis mine^^^


    NV is a permit less open carry state, and this is an open carry forum.
    FYI, prior to this law change you could have legally carried in NV.
    Open carry state, agreed.

    Open carry forum, agreed.

    However anything increasing Virginians gun rights should be shared.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    No, you dismount your God damn horse.

    This wasn't about the Virginia permitting system, it was about requiring permits in general for a God given right.

    To which my response is (if you learned how to comprehend), permits should be required because, in general, carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility, akin to driving a car.
    Taking the Lord's name in vain and profanity.

    Please reread note above about LE missing at same rate of untrained. Numerous states have gone to a permit less system with no ill effects.

    So, please tell me how a piece of paper improves the character, shooting ability, knowledge of the law of the person carrying?

    Please tell me you attend this match


    If, so you and all the CHP holders that attended along with the CHP instructors lost to a Open carrier that doesn't have a CHP, and happened to be the only person shooting a magnum caliber and shoot the match clean.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49

    Virginia permit now accepted in Nevada!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Taking the Lord's name in vain and profanity.

    Please reread note above about LE missing at same rate of untrained. Numerous states have gone to a permit less system with no ill effects.

    So, please tell me how a piece of paper improves the character, shooting ability, knowledge of the law of the person carrying?

    Please tell me you attend this match


    If, so you and all the CHP holders that attended along with the CHP instructors lost to a Open carrier that doesn't have a CHP, and happened to be the only person shooting a magnum caliber and shoot the match clean.
    Omfg, so you found an OCer who could outshoot someone? And that's your argument? I'm sure there are close to legally blind people who could outshoot fully sighted people as well.

    Awful logic on your part.

    Let's try this again: carrying a gun is a huge responsibility, therefore I believe in permits so people could and should be held to a higher standard before carrying (open or confessed).
    Last edited by mkatzpp; 05-11-2016 at 01:28 PM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    My wife can shoot (horribly though), couldn't clear a jam, or do anything positive with a gun. Do you want this type of person whipping it out at a mall?


    Keep in mind the two shots dead center are me sighting it in:

    https://vimeo.com/166241748

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49

    Virginia permit now accepted in Nevada!

    I get how we all want the "right" but at some point you have to look beyond the 2% of us that carries and consider how awful the other 98% of gun owners are at actually shooting.
    Last edited by mkatzpp; 05-11-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •